Worship music chord charts

surfcat

• Members

Does anyone know where I can get chord charts to popular church music-the music they give me only has the names of chords. Some of them are complex chords and I would like to know the intended fingerings. The Wow Worship yellow cd has a lot of the songs I need but I found the matching songbook and no charts. Some examples are Ajnus Dei, Draw Me Close, Step by Step, The Solid Rock, etc. Most gospel books are too traditional-not the stuff that we use guitar on. Any good songbooks or websites?

• Members

Just use a small book of chords. The transitions between chords will often lead you to the appropriate voicings. For a simple example, D/F# can be played (low to high):
20023x or xx4232
If the next chord is G, then you might like the first form more than the second.

Just a thought.

• Members

A chord symbol used in a praise chart calls for the same chord that the same chord symbol calls for in a rock chart. If they are using chords (or chord structures) you are not familiar with get a chord chart.

Much of the praise music comes as a piano score but the chord symbols are typically written across the top of the treble staff.

Archived