Using Reason 3.0 without midi keyboard

delrayhc

• Members

I recently bought a labtop and installed Reason 3.0 . I used to use a Korg Triton but because of limited space Ive opted for the labtop setup....I wanted to know if you can use the keyboard on the computer instead of buying a midi keyboard (for note changes). I would rather just use the labtop because of the space issue and be able to use it whenever im traveling. If I have to I will buy a 25 key keyboard , but if anyone can tell me how to use the labtops keyboard as the keyboard I would greatly appreciate it....

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by delrayhc

I recently bought a labtop and installed Reason 3.0 . I used to use a Korg Triton but because of limited space Ive opted for the labtop setup....I wanted to know if you can use the keyboard on the computer instead of buying a midi keyboard (for note changes). I would rather just use the labtop because of the space issue and be able to use it whenever im traveling. If I have to I will buy a 25 key keyboard , but if anyone can tell me how to use the labtops keyboard as the keyboard I would greatly appreciate it....

Thanks

as far as i know you can't. i do most of my editing by mouse in the piano roll.

• Members

I think I'd be speaking for most people here when I offer the suggestion to get the 25 or (gasp!) 49 key controller.

It will be an entirely altogether more musical experience.

Even if I was making music in my car, I'd still have a MIDI controller.

• Members

Originally posted by Diametro

I think I'd be speaking for most people here when I offer the suggestion to get the 25 or (gasp!) 49 key controller.

It will be an entirely altogether more musical experience.

Even if I was making music in my car, I'd still have a MIDI controller.

i'm probalby the only person on the planet who doesn't use a controller most of the time. i went for years editing in Cakewalk without a controller, so it's fast and natural for me to use my mouse. my one reason wish is that they would include a notation view, because i would work incredibly fast in that environment.

• Members

If I have to get a small keyboard I will , but if there is anyway that the keys on the labtop can be used in the same way as the keys on a keyboard I would rather do that (even though it will not be as good as midi). My feeling is that when the program was made it should of had the option of being independent from an external keyboard.(as far as change in notes is concerned)

Archived