shredding?

rahimiiii

• Members
Originally posted by red|dragon

by the way, those "face melting solos" are face melting to you because you dont know how they are doing. once you find out how they are doing it and that it really isnt that hard or impossible, it will be no big deal to you.

actually, i find it quite the opposite.

even though ive learned a good bit about how some shredder's play arpeggios and stuff really fast, and really when it comes down to it it is really simple, it still melt's my face because of the simple fact THAT IT WAS SO SIMPLE!!! and that i didnt think of it :( LOL

same with riffs and stuff...i hear something and im like "that sound awesome...im gonna learn it..." and i do and it so damn simple that i nearly shoot myself. LOL sometimes i guess i should just try to think less complicated :)

• Members

Shredding is the art of playing the guitar in an amazing way, coupling awesome technique with baffling speed, often in a neoclassical framework. (Yahoo Castle of Shred Group)

There is a lot of technique and practice involved. Some shredding is not very musical, so to make it melodic, you have to take it to another level.

There is lots of information to be found - both scales and technique, as well as materials to practice - if you search enough. Sites like Troy Stetina offers good materials, anything by Dave Celantano also is good.

• Members
Originally posted by red|dragon

by the way, those "face melting solos" are face melting to you because you dont know how they are doing. once you find out how they are doing it and that it really isnt that hard or impossible, it will be no big deal to you.

unless Jason Becker is yo-yo'ing with one hand while playing the "face melting solo" with the other hand.:thu:

• Members

Yeah, Troy Stetina's stuff is good if you want to get into shred. Though he tends to throw in shred parts here and there, sort of like exclamation points to his solos, while playing really interesting melodic stuff in between. Hes one of those rare people who has stunning technique but also has the self control and musical maturity not to have to demonstrate it in every freakin' bar :D Check out Speed Mechanics and Metal Lead Guitar Volumes I & II and you should be well on your way to shred-topia.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived