Year-end concert tonight

• Members

So its the last concert of the year for the college music department. I'll be playing with the brass quintet and the wind ensemble. Should be a good time.

Tunes:

Quintet:

The Circus Bee

Maple Leaf Rag

Dixie

Toreador Song

Western Fanfare

Wind Ensemble:

Moorside March

Greensleeves

Sound the Bells

Windsprints

The Footlifter

Way too many marches. And we should have stopped playing Greensleeves 5 months ago.:rolleyes:

• Members

Had my Big Band concert monday. We played

Quintessence

Donna Lee

A Night In Tunisia

Limehouse Blues

My Shining Hour or something like that

and a couple of others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I have my my small jazz show tomorrow, playing

Green Dolphin Street

a couple of originals (Cigarettes a blues and Silver air which is on the avant garde side)

and Hard Times by Ray Charles.

I figure it should be fun.

• Members

Playing a big band dance tomorrow night and then have my end of year concert on the 8th with my HS & JH bands and on the 15th with the 5th & 6th graders. This is my last semester teaching at this school so my students asked me to do a feature at the HS concert on my tuba with a real nice arrangement of Black & Tan Fantasy. Ought to be real interseting since I don't solo much.

• Members

Sunburst - Yeah Donna Lee, and not only that I had to double it on Tenor Sax and FLUTE. I am a subpar flute player at the moment so that gave me a run for my money. I ended up memorizing it and just hitting the rhythms when I couldn't hit the note. I did great on the tenor sections though. It was fairly up tempo, fast but I'm not sure how fast. Its a good tune. Limehouse was actually very difficult, we took it really freaking fast probably around 270. Nailed my solo though so that was fun. What college? I go to Skidmore College in Upstate NY

Archived