How do you not play guitar?

• Members

There's a ton of threads on here about how to play guitar and technique and stuff. DO any of you guys have tips on how to not play guitar?

I've tried putting my guitar away and moving away from it - this works well for a while...

Any really solid techniques for not playing guitar?

• Members
Originally posted by Slave_New_Wurld

There's a ton of threads on here about how to play guitar and technique and stuff. DO any of you guys have tips on how to not play guitar?

I've tried putting my guitar away and moving away from it - this works well for a while...

Any really solid techniques for not playing guitar?

LOL :D

You could try spending all your time on this forum thinking up daft topics to post about ;)

The potential downfall of the Celine Dion thing, is that you might associate Celine with your guitar and end up liking her.

• Members

Try listening - exclusively - to the music that's popular these days. If that doesn't make you quit, it should at least convince you that 1/2 hour of practice a week is more than enough. Practice saying "Anyone who practices more than 1/2 hour a week is a wanker" over and over. Practice using words like "bling" in normal day-to-day conversation.

• Members

Go on the electric guitar forum and say you want to learn to shred, after they've finished flaming you you'll have been convinced not to practice and play with lots of feeling instead

Naturally you wont want to play *too* much in case you accidentally develop any technical skill and loose your mojo.

• Members
Originally posted by Knottyhed

LOL
:D

You could try spending all your time on this forum thinking up daft topics to post about
;)

The potential downfall of the Celine Dion thing, is that you might associate Celine with your guitar and end up liking her.

hahahahahaha

• Members

Originally posted by fatfat

I cover all bases by whacking it at work wile thinking of my girlfriend and listening to celine dion and spooging all over my guitar.

Brilliant, and then you wont be able to play guitar cos your strings will be too slippery...

God I wish I hadn't have said that

• Members

Originally posted by Knottyhed

Brilliant, and then you wont be able to play guitar cos your strings will be too slippery...

Isn't that what that "fast frets" stuff does anyway - I wasted pounds on that stuff when I could have gotten it free from my own testicles

my own testicles

• Members

Originally posted by Slave_New_Wurld

Isn't that what that "fast frets" stuff does anyway - I wasted pounds on that stuff when I could have gotten it free from my own testicles

my own testicles

Unlike "fast frets" it will eventually go all sticky though... plus you really don't want to have to re-apply in the middle of a gig.

Archived