DVDs For Learning

• Members

I recently started playing Guitar at 40. I can't say this is the first time becaused I screwed around with it when I was 16 and even had the local stoner teacher that would just teach small licks from our favorite bands. This Time I want to do It right so I got this dvd a friend recommended Fender Presents getting started with electric guitar. It is great I have already learned more in two weeks than I did in a year of messing around with in high school. I am even jamming to a basic drum and bass track on my Fender GDEC.

My Question is does anybody know what a good DVD would be to follow up this one. I really like the way i can pause and backup the lessons on a DVD and I have a screen capture option thats great for storing pictures of different finger positions.

• Members

Originally posted by burton4snow

I recently started playing Guitar at 40. I can't say this is the first time becaused I screwed around with it when I was 16 and even had the local stoner teacher that would just teach small licks from our favorite bands. This Time I want to do It right so I got this dvd a friend recommended Fender Presents getting started with electric guitar. It is great I have already learned more in two weeks than I did in a year of messing around with in high school. I am even jamming to a basic drum and bass track on my Fender GDEC.

My Question is does anybody know what a good DVD would be to follow up this one. I really like the way i can pause and backup the lessons on a DVD and I have a screen capture option thats great for storing pictures of different finger positions.

I'm still learning myself and I've had the same Fender DVD you have and it's great. The follow up I recommend is "RockHouse Method" .

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rock-House-Learn-Rock-Guitar-Beginner-DVD?sku=946512

• Members

i think i have that one, Fender Presents and Keith Wyatt's the instructor? he covers Blues, rock and country styles. it's pretty good instruction, has great play along & practice features that can't be beat. i also have his Blues Guitar dvd instruction that i am working on now. i am a re-learning older guy too.

i have found for me the best instructional books, cd's, and dvd's come from National Guitar Workshop. I am doing their Blues Guitar series (dvd & book) which covers more of the theory and music ideas since it comes with a book too.

Archived