Where have all the good tab sites gone?!

SE1081

• Members

They're really disappearing fast. Before you know it, we'll all be in music stores again writing on our hands to remember the chords.

TABs are mostly wrong, or at best, just an insight. Use your ear, and a playback CD technique. Or go for the TASCAM thing. (I kind of want one, but get by fine with my CD player.)

Or just type a question thread for what you're after. You can always be PMed if someone has what you want.

There are a million ways around the BIG music companies with the internet.

• Members

Ultimate guitar is pretty good. I am now glad that I have printed out tabs of damn near everything I ever wanted to learn. I have stacks and boxes of tab at home, it's just hard to find what I want since I'm too lazy to alphabetise and file them all.

• Members

I've been using powertabs.net for a while now, ever since the {censored} started to hit the fan with tab sites.

Powertabs helped me out more because of the way the program works. You get the rhythm and the notes at the same time. Quite a cool program.

Hope this helps. :wave: Good luck in your search.

• Members

Yeah, it's a bummer that the tab sites are evaporating. On the other hand, they seem to be WRONG so much--in my experience anyway (I'll often look something up for my guitar student or to speed up my figuring out a tricky part). A student brought one of an Alice in Chains song...Rooster, I think. It suggested some bizarre tuning, drop the B or G string a step when it was really all the strings down a half step.

Tab writers should be licensed. :D

• Members

Originally posted by sharp shredder

look up guitar tabs in google and the first one that comes up is ultimate guitar and it is my new favorite since mxtabs left

Yeah, I don't rely on a specific site for guitar tabs, I just Google whatever I'm looking for. I've had great luck with it.

• Members
Originally posted by fret15

I've been using powertabs.net for a while now, ever since the {censored} started to hit the fan with tab sites.

Powertabs helped me out more because of the way the program works. You get the rhythm and the notes at the same time. Quite a cool program.

Hope this helps.
:wave:
Good luck in your search.

Absolutely. Powertabs rock.

• Members

step 1 get limewire
step 2 download guitar pro 4.. or 5 since its out now
step 3 download entire collection of guitar pro tabs

True there will be some songs (especially if you play niche music) that you wont be able to get but you can get guitar pro tabs off of ultimate guitar too and i downloaded something like 27 000 off of limewire so its enough to keep me busy :D

• Members

The Man shut em all down! Except Ultimate Guitar, which is Russian-based. BUT: stay away from the stinking cesspool that is their forums, filled with 14 and 15 year olds desperate for Metallica tabs, YouTube videos of right hand tapping solos, and of course, buttsecks. :freak: Yeah I used to go there but now I'm in the big-boy forums.

• Members

So that's why ultimate guitar is still around.

Russian based. Great!! :D

Some of the tabs are definitely awful. I get the feeling they were homework assignments for hurried students.

Tabs are good for me though for getting the chords, but when it comes to the leads, who ever tabbed them must have had a tin ear half the time.

Atrocious, some of them. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived