heads up on "axis bold as love" instr. DVD

• Members

its pretty cool.

andy aledort takes you through each song on axis album, every track from beginning to end. he even shows all the parts when they are layered at normal and slow speeds, and takes time to explain fingering fairly well.

i know most of the tunes from axis, but i also learned that i had some of the stuff wrong and it was a nice lesson. its a DVD on the newstands, like one he did a while back dealing with various blues guitar.

i just thought it was cool how he goes through all the parts, even the rhythms under the solos. there is no tab, but you dont really need it.

anyway, heads up to all interested. i think it was $9.99

• Members

I got mine last week. I've been working through the first couple of songs. Andy is a great instructor. He explains stuff very clearly, even I can follow it and I usually don't do very well with DVDs.
I agree it is pretty cool.

• Members

It's great. Ten bucks. Unreal. The pamphlet was full of interesting Hendrix bio info. I'm checking out the DVD now. The guitar gets plugged in when Andy gets to Little Wing.

Here's a link to the Guitar World Blues DVD. http://www.musicdispatch.com/item_detail.jsp?itemid=77770704&order=0&catcode=00&refer=search&type=product&keywords=guitar+world+blues I'm tempted, but this Axis disc will keep me busy into the summer.

• Members

I just got it...as I am not really that hot of a player if it outta my league for now...but one thing that really hits home watching it is how kick ass jimmi is at rhythm, I mean all the chord based licks are just amazing.

• Members

Let me know if you'd like me to buy it and ship it to you. My wife sells books on Ebay and goes to the PO most every day, so it's no problem at all. It will cost you about $15 including shipping and sales tax, assuming you're in the US. Also, you'd have to Paypal or send a postal money order.

I've been looking but can't find this online.

Any suggestions?

Archived