Critique my attempt at a video lesson

Hey folks!

I have a weekly Guitar blog, and this week I tried something new by adding a couple of simple ideas with a video lesson...this is totally different from how I normally do things. I usually have downloadable PDF lessons on my website and the blog is more commentary and advice...

All feedback is welcome!

Blog blog.markwein.com

Website www.markwein.com

(oh yeah...I caught the "barre your 4th finger across the 1st and 2nd fingers" mistake after I uploaded the video....bah...)

Thanks!

• Members

Mark,

Fun licks! I thought the video was good. The guitar sound was clear and your voice was easy to understand. I particularly liked how you had the licks in tab and standard notation right below. My only criticism would be that the video looked a little dark, you might consider illuminating yourself more so it comes out brighter. Thanks for sharing.

• Members

Whoa. Very cool! I'm glad I stumbled upon this post.

You're right down the street from where I work, it seems. You give lessons at the studio, etc? I'd be very interested in checking it out.

(PM back if need be, not to detract from the topic at hand)

• Members

That video is sweet. I love country stuff and hellecasters b-bender sounding stuff. You probably know of Brent Mason...but if not check him out...oh and Vince Gill.

BTW - I had/have some overuse problems w/ my hands and arms and I'm familliar w/ ART. Never seen the wax bath (heard of it but never checked it out). Also check out trigger point therapy (kind of like ART) and also this funky device : www.armaid.com

That video is sweet. I love country stuff and hellecasters b-bender sounding stuff. You probably know of Brent Mason...but if not check him out...oh and Vince Gill.

BTW - I had/have some overuse problems w/ my hands and arms and I'm familliar w/ ART. Never seen the wax bath (heard of it but never checked it out). Also check out trigger point therapy (kind of like ART) and also this funky device :
www.armaid.com

I have always loved that kind of guitar playing, but the opportunity to play like that around here is pretty nil...now that i am not gigging incessantly I have the time to explore it a little more....all of the Hellecasters are awesome...Danny Gatton, too! Getting my new Tele has gotten me going again...

The wax bath is the best maintenance for my hands...that and stretching every day...the Armaid looks cool....I'll have to look into it further...

OK guys! I took some advice, and worked up a new technique lesson for this week. I also shot another lesson for next week, but I won't have the written part of it done...

Check out this weeks lesson at http://blog.markwein.com

Next weeks lesson is about Pentatonic Phrasing, and I have it uploaded to Youtube right now...

Let me know what you think!

Archived