OT: Name a musician or band that you used to like until you found out...

xavios

• Members

I'll throw in the Quasimidi Polymorph as a bass monster.The bass in that baby knocked off pictures from my next door neighbors walls,as well as shaking loose anything I had on my walls.

I admit it was playing through a 1400 watt amp,with 4-15in speakers pumping,but it was a lot of fun until the lady next door started pounding on my door screaming at me to turn it off.:D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by heroesforghosts

I'll throw in the Quasimidi Polymorph as a bass monster.The bass in that baby knocked off pictures from my next door neighbors walls,as well as shaking loose anything I had on my walls.

I admit it was playing through a 1400 watt amp,with 4-15in speakers pumping,but it was a lot of fun until the lady next door started pounding on my door screaming at me to turn it off.
:D

Wrong thread boyee!!!

Gotta work on that hand/eye coordination!

• Members

Originally posted by Awake77

Yngwie Malmsteen - I still love the first Rising Force album, and when I started playing guitar he was one of my idols. But the more I read about him and realized how close-minded and stuck up he is/was, I was like 'meh...whatever'. Then I saw him in concert a couple years ago, and his people were messing with Geroge Lynch's sound during his performance - like dropping the volume so you couldnt hear Lynch's solos. It was really disrespectful and pathetic - because George Lynch sounded freakin' wicked.

When Yngwie came out out on stage in the pirate clothes, balding and fat as hell - I just started laughing out loud.

That did it right there, he lost guitar-god status for me. (although I still appreciate his technique and practice some of his licks to keep my chops up).

Holy Crap! I saw that same tour! I thought Yngwie was going to come on stage with a goblet full of wine and a big turkey leg. He reminded me of that Giant on one of the Little Rascal shorts. An hour into the set I grew tired of the singer saying "Everyone... Mr. Yngwie Malmsteen!!!!" after every song.

and Lynch kicked ass... when you could hear him!

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

Holy Crap! I saw that same tour! I thought Yngwie was going to come on stage with a goblet full of wine and a big turkey leg. He reminded me of that Giant on one of the Little Rascal shorts. An hour into the set I grew tired of the singer saying "Everyone... Mr. Yngwie Malmsteen!!!!" after every song.

and Lynch kicked ass... when you could hear him!

:D

Speaking of getting FAT there is someone I have been reminded of...it will come to me...

I dont really care about looks, just when spandex is plastered on some dude.

Well then again, I guess living colour was cool...

• Members

I once overheard this conversation, some time in the early nineties (I forget the exact words, but it came down to this):

Guy 1: "Why? What don't you like about Erasure?"

Guy 2: "For heaven's sake he's gay!"

Guy 1: "No {censored}! So what do you listen to?"

Guy 2: "Oh, the Pet Shop Boys..."

Well I tought it was funny.

-Ron.

Archived