I need a device to help learn riffs/solos

zlop

• Members

I think tascam makes one but there are probably others. Basically, it's like an mp3 player than can slow the tempo of a song down without changing the key and also has an input for your guitar plus output for headphones. Anyone have recommendations??

• Members

Get Transcribe for your computer. You can try it free then it's $50. But it's got all a TON of features for tuning, frequency separation, and more.

It also does the best job for getting things slowed down to 50% or more.

You can also use the speed tool in Windows Media Players for free, but it's no where near as good as something like Transcribe.

I can only speak for the software apps as I've never used the hardware tools that are out there...except for a turntable that went donw to 16 speed decades ago :)

• Members

I think tascam makes one but there are probably others. Basically, it's like an mp3 player than can slow the tempo of a song down without changing the key and also has an input for your guitar plus output for headphones. Anyone have recommendations??

If you want something that doesn't require you to be at the computer when you practice, Tascam also makes what they call a guitar trainer. It slows down the CD without changing the pitch. It has a lot of other functions too, but the only one I use is the looping function.

Archived