Video Lesson 8-15-08 Legato Etude #2 - Part 1

Howdy!

This is the first part of a very useful but very "hard on your hand" etude getting you to play legato phrases without a single right hand pick stroke, and it is all on one string. Try and do this one in small bits until you get your hand strength up...

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=39

next week is part 2!

• Members

Lame. I really think you could have combined the 2 legato lessons into one, rather than treating us like morons and having to divide it up. It's pretty insulting. Or maybe you're just slightly slow and trying to add to your giant post count. Last time I click a Mark Whine thread, not worth it.

Lame. I really think you could have combined the 2 legato lessons into one, rather than treating us like morons and having to divide it up. It's pretty insulting. Or maybe you're just slightly slow and trying to add to your giant post count. Last time I click a Mark Whine thread, not worth it.

You sure your name isn't really Bumonk, or Red Dragon?

He was the last person in this forum to complain about free lessons on the internet. :poke:

• Members

wtf?!!!

maybe you're being treated like a moron because you are one? why have a pop at someone for providing us with a free resource?..if you don't like the lessons, you do have a choice you know...

• Members

:)

Entertaining but not worth fueling his indignation at my ineptitude...if he wants to continue jousting we can do it in GJ but I'd like to keep the B.S. out of Lesson Loft....

No really. I think it's kinda slap in the face for you to have to dull down everything. Not everyone is a complete neophyte, which you are use to teaching. :)

No really. I think it's kinda slap in the face for you to have to dull down everything. Not everyone is a complete neophyte, which you are use to teaching.
:)

Actually, when writing lessons for the internet where you have absolutely no idea who is doing them and what their skill level is teaching in small chunks is usually the better strategy. Most of my "audience" is comprised of adults who would put themselves in the "Beginner" category. I would imagine most advanced players would bypass my weekly lessons altogether.

This particular lesson takes quite a bit of hand strength for someone who has never done this type of playing before and (as I mention in the video portion of the lesson) I don't want anyone working themselves into a RSI trying to play 2-3 minutes worth of this stuff right off the bat.

• Members

Actually, when writing lessons for the internet where you have absolutely no idea who is doing them and what their skill level is teaching in small chunks is usually the better strategy. Most of my "audience" is comprised of adults who would put themselves in the "Beginner" category. I would imagine most advanced players would bypass my weekly lessons altogether.

This particular lesson takes quite a bit of hand strength for someone who has never done this type of playing before and (as I mention in the video portion of the lesson) I don't want anyone working themselves into a RSI trying to play 2-3 minutes worth of this stuff right off the bat.

Maybe you should insert the word "beginner" or "level 1" into your thread titles so I know not to waste my time next time.

Maybe you should insert the word "beginner" or "level 1" into your thread titles so I know not to waste my time next time.

You could just save time by not clicking on my threads at all...obviously your skill level is much greater than the lesson material and you have nothing to benefit from checking it out....:idk:

• Members
You could just save time by not clicking on my threads at all...obviously your skill level is much greater than the lesson material and you have nothing to benefit from checking it out....
:idk:

Why do you think you are the hot {censored}? Because you record yourself giving novice lessons? I come here to learn, which is why I made the other thread. Sometimes I just get sick of "hall of fame" members and your bull{censored}.

Why do you think you are the hot {censored}? Because you record yourself giving novice lessons? I come here to learn, which is why I made the other thread. Sometimes I just get sick of "hall of fame" members and your bull{censored}.

I think you're missing the point, but that is fine.

You should realize that when you ask for free advice in a public forum and then start arguing with people that take the time to answer you (even if you don't agree with them or they are not actually answering what you feel is your initial question) that you are burning your bridges is that forum and no one will bother with your questions in the future...

• Members

I think you're missing the point, but that is fine.

You should realize that when you ask for free advice in a public forum and then start arguing with people that take the time to answer you (even if you don't agree with them or they are not actually answering what you feel is your initial question) that you are burning your bridges is that forum and no one will bother with your questions in the future...

I have learned that answer to my question can be found in another forum. Those who took the time to answer, failed to read my OP and provided me 3 pages worth of information I did not ask for. There will be no questions in the future, because it is a pain in the ass to get any correct answers.

I have learned that answer to my question can be found in another forum. Those who took the time to answer, failed to read my OP and provided me 3 pages worth of information I did not ask for. There will be no questions in the future, because it is a pain in the ass to get any correct answers.

Cool! I'm glad you found a solution. :thu:

Archived