What are some good beginner songs

• Members

Hmm - most of that material I wouldn't consider "beginner" level!

I guess the chords to Sweet Child Of Mine are easy, but not the lead :)

Zombie is a good recent song that rocks and is 4 chords. I guess it's not classic rock though.

Eagle Rock (Daddy Cool) is pretty easy.

GaJ

• Members
Songs that a beginner can handle but are also current or good classic rock songs (ie. songs for a beginner that aren't Mary had a Little Lamb and Twinkle Little Star).

Define better your level of Beginner-ness and your Classic Rock interests. You'll get better, more on target suggestions. :thu:

• Members
Hmm - most of that material I wouldn't consider "beginner" level!

I guess the chords to Sweet Child Of Mine are easy, but not the lead
:)

Zombie is a good recent song that rocks and is 4 chords. I guess it's not classic rock though.

Eagle Rock (Daddy Cool) is pretty easy.

GaJ

Good point...I wasn't thinking about the entire song in many of those cases, just the "famous" parts of the riffs that everyone wants to play.

• Members

The rythm for "Lyin' Eyes" by the Eagles is easy. G D C C and repeat, and it's a simple strum pattern. The only difficult part is perhaps learning the G and C chords. Those both took me a few weeks apiece to really feel comfortable with when I first got started. Once you learn those, if you can throw in an Am and E5, then you can play the rythm to "Take It Easy".

A great song to learn once you get comfortable enough with your basics is "Armageddon It" by Def Leppard. It's got a little bit of everything in it, which will help you learn a lot of different things. Power Chords, arpeggios, palm muting, finger playing, a simple bar chord, a couple simple bends, and a couple other things. That was a fun song to learn for me because every week I was learning a new (but relatively simple) technique.

• Members

I found some Tom Petty songs to be pretty good starter songs for strumming. Easy chord patterns and a fun tempo.

The Beatles P.S. I love you is fun as well and not too tough at all. It's a good song to work on quick chord changes but not too tough on the fingering.

• Members

Songs that a beginner can handle but are also current or good classic rock songs (ie. songs for a beginner that aren't Mary had a Little Lamb and Twinkle Little Star).

d/l powertab - use it to help u w/ meter and remind you as u go

helps to get your eyes off the fretboard

acdc, judas, most of your mainstream 80s stuff is 5th chords ringing out...

Archived