Solo Guitar Concepts - Primer - Youtube Vid...

• Members

So, I added a primer of sorts with a couple of exercises and some theoretical jargon to aid those who hada bit of trouble understanding the Reggae lesson I posted.... It is now on my youtube account, here:

This is more dealing with a swing feel, but I think it has a pretty global implication as to what you should try to do to get started...

I hope that the series helps you all get better at this stuff, if you feel the need or desire to do so.

Respect..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for that deconstruction - I needed it. You're that rare combination of great musician and great teacher.

Excellent!

Wow... That is one of the nicest compliments I have ever gotten. I appreciat ethat tremendously... Truthfully. I will try to continue with my efforts for you guys....

Thanks a lot, Mugwump!!!

• Members

I may do one tonight... a new one... Though, I think i am going to have to do it on a subject that is not what I originally said I would do it on, but that will get you guys to a higher level faster....

I apoloigize for teasing everyone with the slap and percussion lesson promises, but I think we need to spend a bit more time on other things first... You'll see what I mean in the new video...

Like I said, it'll hopefully be up tonight at some point... I'll keep you posted.

• Members
Danny. One of these days I'd love to see you do one of these on cool chord voicings.

THAT is coming VERY VERY SOON!!!! After the new lesson I am trying to get to record tonight...

But, I warn you... you may not like what I have to say about "cool chord voicings"....

It's gonna make you think, but also make you slightly unhappy, methinks...

;)

• Members
THAT is coming VERY VERY SOON!!!! After the new lesson I am trying to get to record tonight...

But, I warn you... you may not like what I have to say about "cool chord voicings"....

It's gonna make you think, but also make you slightly unhappy, methinks...

;)

Come on bro! Everybody knows the path to enlightenment is fraught with potholes. Shake my {censored} up!

Archived