Going on tour again: Las Vegas, Nashville, Phoenix, Dallas, Reno, Salt Lake City...

• Members

After the success of last summers tour, Super Happy Funtime Burlesque is hitting the road again!

I will join the tour for two weeks on these dates:

April:

April 13: Salt Lake City, Bar Deluxe

April 14: Reno, Tree House Lounge

April 15: Las Vegas, Boomers Bar

April 16: Phoenix, The Deuce

April 17: Flagstaff, The Orpheum Theater

April 19: El Paso, Bombardiers

April 20: Lubbock, Bash Riprock's

April 21: Fort Worth, The Basement Bar

April 22: Little Rock, T(I don't have the club name yet)

April 23: Memphis, Newby's

April 24: Nashville, Exit Inn

Here's the full schedule...I will also play all of the MI shows (first three "kick-off" shows and the seven "welcome-back" shows)

March 24, Wealthy Theatre, Grand Rapids, MI, $15/$20 Doors 7pm, Show 8pm

March 25, Riviera Theatre, Three Rivers, MI, $10, Show 9pm

March 26, The Strutt, Kalamazoo, MI, $10, Doors 8pm, Show 9pm

March 30, Bay View Brew Haus, Milwaukee, WI, $10, Show 10pm, wsg/Brew City Bombshells

March 31, The Frequency, Madison, WI, $10, Show 10pm

April 1, Vaudeville Mews, Des Moines, IA, $10, Show 10pm

April 2, Club David, Sioux Falls, SD, $8/$10, Show 8pm

April 3, Project 20/20 Ames, Ames, IA, $10, Show 10pm

April 5, Blue Moose, Iowa City, IA, $8, Show 9pm

April 6, The Waiting Room Lounge, Omaha, NE, $10, Show 9pm

April 7, Crosstown Station, Kansas City, MO, $10, 9pm

April 8, Venue 515, Manitou Springs, CO, $10, 7pm, wsg/Peaks and Pasties

April 9, Smitty's, Greenlight Tavern, Pueblo, CO, $10, Show 10pm

April 10, Denver, CO

April 12, The Red Room, Boise, Idaho $8, 8pm Show

April 13: Salt Lake City, Bar Deluxe

April 14: Reno, Tree House Lounge

April 15: Las Vegas, Boomers Bar

April 16: Phoenix, The Deuce

April 17: Flagstaff, The Orpheum Theater

April 19: El Paso, Bombardiers

April 20: Lubbock, Bash Riprock's

April 21: Fort Worth, The Basement Bar

April 22: Little Rock, T(I don't have the club name yet)

April 23: Memphis, Newby's

April 24: Nashville, Exit Inn

April 29: STILETTOS, INKSTER, MI, $10, Show 9pm

May 6: Bells Brewery, Kalamazoo, MI, $8, Show 9pm

May 7: Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, MI, $10, Show 9pm, wsg/Tickled Fancy Burlesque Company

May 12: iLounge, Pontiac, MI, $10/$12, 8pm, wsg/Resonance Arts & Dance Detroit

May 13: Private Party

May 14: Acorn Theater, Three Oaks, MI, $10, Show 10pm

May 15: Sazerac Lounge, Grand Rapids, MI, $10, Show 10pm

I love seeing a tour routed this cleanly :)

This tour will be a mix of The Body Show, where Marcela gets trapped in someone body at a Seedy Fistf$%^ party with only the aid of The Sexplorer's to get her out , as well as a lot of "best of" skits from the last year, and of course some "highlight the band" stuff too)

If you are in or around any of these areas, stop out for a entertaining and crazy time!!! (regardless if it's during my part of the tour). Say hi and let's have a beer. There will be about 20 of us traveling in the Super Happy Funtime Express (a GIANT bus) and shows will include local burlesques shows, national circus acts (acrobatics and magicians and comedians)...as well as the daring and revealing cast of SHFB and lets not forget the always digging-deep sounds of The End Time Orchestra.

Maybe we'll see you.

2011postermed.jpg

Pictures, videos, and stories from the 2010 Summer Tour are here if you're interested http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2736726-Burlesque-Tour-2010-Part-1-Pics-and-Stories&highlight=gennation+tour

• Members

You're a sad, twisted, little man.

buzz_lightyear.jpg

:wave:

Take out the 'sad' and "little' and you got it :p

No Seattle, we did the West Coast last tour. This one will turn inward. The next will probably have us heading towards the East Coast. Then I would assume that would lead us to a cross nation tour after that once cross country connections are made. It takes time and A LOT of money carting around a 20 person entourage so we do what we can with everyone's schedules and how much money we can raise at once through fundraisers, and in the mean time we seal up a bunch of new fans and connections.

Ok, VH.

• Members

I can't believe you passed up Austin. That kind of thing would have been HUGE here....and I could have made the 2 hour trip to meet you in person. I could see it in a place like Esther's Follies.

Sean

It is what it is. But yes, Austin would be a riot!!!

I used to play Austin all the time in the 80's. We played a TX circuit called Cardie's. There was on in Austin, Houston, Pasadena, and Beaumont. Each fall we would leave MI for an extended summer tour of the south. We'd play pretty much all the southern states but when we hit TX it was Cardie's all the way (except for some other club in Dallas which I can't remember the name). We did this each year for about 4-5 years and we'd be on the road for about 4-6 months depending on the schedule.

You ever hear of Cardie's?

• Members

No I haven't heard of Cardies...is it on 6th Street? I'm not native to Texas, only been here about 15 years but visited 6th like 5-6 times, and attending things like the ACL festival, etc.

I wonder if its still there anymore....course we still have places like Antones...

Austin would seem like a natural fit, but it looks like you have your cites locked in tight on this schedule....

Sean

• Members

No I haven't heard of Cardies...is it on 6th Street? I'm not native to Texas, only been here about 15 years but visited 6th like 5-6 times, and attending things like the ACL festival, etc.

I wonder if its still there anymore....course we still have places like Antones...

Austin would seem like a natural fit, but it looks like you have your cites locked in tight on this schedule....

Sean

Yeah I'm sure Cardies is long gone. Austin would've been 85,86, and maybe 87. Huge RnR clubs though. Fun times back before the drugs and sex started killing people in large numbers ;)

Archived