5 Steps for buying the perfect first guitar

• Members

Hi Pat, to answer your question I'd have to go with my own experience. I play an electric so

I recommended an electric to this kid who wanted to play. I gave him some websites that sell

guitars under $100, so I guess price would be next. I showed him my guitar and after he bought his, he bought something different, so I'd advised someone to buy what they really want and stay away from a certain design that their instructor/friend has. Next if you can help out, then do a set-up for him/her and with new strings using 8's to 42, this is a big plus, and will help the new guitar player keep motivated in playing for his/her new lessons. Simple, yes, but very effective.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarville

View Post

Hi Pat, to answer your question I'd have to go with my own experience. I play an electric so

I recommended an electric to this kid who wanted to play. I gave him some websites that sell

guitars under $100, so I guess price would be next. I showed him my guitar and after he bought his, he bought something different, so I'd advised someone to buy what they really want and stay away from a certain design that their instructor/friend has. Next if you can help out, then do a set-up for him/her and with new strings using 8's to 42, this is a big plus, and will help the new guitar player keep motivated in playing for his/her new lessons. Simple, yes, but very effective.

you know i've never heard of anyone putting 8's for a first time learner, not a bad idea at all!

thank you for your advice

Archived