A lesson a day...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreenAsJade

View Post

A new review of of the Misc Guitar Product

"gootar.com"

was posted at the guitar lesson review site,

by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave "gootar.com" 4 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 4 stars.

"There are many of these things out there, but this is the one I'm using at the moment. I like the way it plays the notes..."

it's a 5 star site mad.gif

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

I'm not sure why you would come here and grimace like that?

Sounds like you don't agree with my review/rating?

Please ... go ahead and add your own rating of "5 stars" for gootar.com! Then we'll have your opinion as well as mine on record thumb.gif

GaJ

I think I pushed the wrong icon there should have been thumb.gif not this mad.giffacepalm.gif

It is one heck of a site that offers a lot though

• Members

View Post

Yes, Dan's site has an entry at the Guitar Lesson Guide, though no review yet.

JB maybe you could review it for us!

Thanks,

GaJ

Hi Green

I'm not sure how I should go about giving it a review. I checked out your site but not really sure how your site works also. Can you tell how me how a review is to be done. Thanks

jb

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

A new review of of the Web Text/Audio Lesson

"Chord Tone Soloing"

by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave "Chord Tone Soloing" 5 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 5 stars.

"If you have been looking around for "how can I make my solos not sound like scales", you are bound to have heard of "Chor..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey everybody,

I have a youtube channel where I post new guitar (electric) lessons every week and a half or so. I would say the lessons mostly hover around the upper end of intermediate as far as difficulty is concerned, and tend towards rock, improv, metal and shred stylistically. I have 8 years of professional guitar teaching experience, but I'm not currently teaching guitar, so the channel serves both as an outlet for me to continue to teach guitar and as a vehicle for promoting my own music. I currently have 27 vids posted on my channel, and I'd say about 20 of them are guitar lessons. I'll post a link to the channel below, and also embed one of my most recent instuctional videos so you can see a sample of my work smile.gif . This lesson teaches you how to solo in the Locrian Mode (includes a free jam track). The only thing you need to know how to do before attempting it is how to play a C major scale. I'm new to harmony central, so hopefully this is an acceptable use of this thread... here are the links, thanks!

My Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GJaunz?feature=mhum

One of my lessons:

• Members

A new review of of the Web Text/Audio Lesson

"My GuitarSolo.com"

by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave "My GuitarSolo.com" 5 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 5 stars.

" This is the best free lesson site I've come across for some time.

The thing that struck me about it is how wel..."

• Members

A new review of of the Book

"Modern Method for Guitar: Volumes 1, 2, 3 Complete"

by GreenAsJade.

GreenAsJade gave "Modern Method for Guitar: Volumes 1, 2, 3 Complete" 5 stars, leaving it with an overal rating of 5 stars.

"Everyone recommends these books, at least for people interested in jazz-like styles of guitar.

So I'm putting in this ..."

• Members

Thanks Steadfastly smile.gif

The site gets a continuous trickle of visits daily, so someone out there thinks its worthwhile smile.gif

It hasn't turned out the way I'd hoped as far as getting broad contributions in either entries for lessons, nor other people's review opinions.

From what I can tell, an unanticipated barrier is the need to sign up. I put that there because I wanted people to be accountable for their opinions. However, it's not much use if the result is no opinions smile.gif

For this reason, it's on my Christmas vacation list to go back and rework things so you don't have to log in in order to submit stuff....

GaJ

• Members

View Post

Thanks Steadfastly smile.gif

The site gets a continuous trickle of visits daily, so someone out there thinks its worthwhile smile.gif

It hasn't turned out the way I'd hoped as far as getting broad contributions in either entries for lessons, nor other people's review opinions.

From what I can tell, an unanticipated barrier is the need to sign up. I put that there because I wanted people to be accountable for their opinions. However, it's not much use if the result is no opinions smile.gif

For this reason, it's on my Christmas vacation list to go back and rework things so you don't have to log in in order to submit stuff....

GaJ

I know what you mean. I started a thread on teaching videos and although a few others have added some, most of them are mine. But hey, it is growing and so is this one.

• Members

I think you guys should combine your threads and said thread should be a sticky. It is a lesson forum so I think it's worthy of the space.

I mean, too many stickies is bad but many casual lurkers will never open the master stick.

IMO

Archived