Fun gadget to jam along with??

jabuerctu

• Members

Hey guys,

Sometimes I get a bit bored playing on my own. Is there a cool gadget/device that would be good to jam along with and get creative? I'm thinking of getting a KORG Kaossilator as it looks really fun.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Get an RC-50 Loop Station. More fun than the law should allow....Can be very creative and complex or quick and simple depending on how one set's it up. RC-50 with Axon or VG-99 is unlimited creativity and fun.

I've spent untold hours jamming/recording and layering against/over/with myself. Also a great practice tool. Also a simple, fast,easy, great way to record ideas that pop up. One of the best investments out of many, many thousands of dollars I've spent on music equipment.

MIDIme

• Members

Get an RC-50 Loop Station. More fun than the law should allow....Can be very creative and complex or quick and simple depending on how one set's it up. RC-50 with Axon or VG-99 is unlimited creativity and fun.

I've spent untold hours jamming/recording and layering against/over/with myself. Also a great practice tool. Also a simple, fast,easy, great way to record ideas that pop up. One of the best investments out of many, many thousands of dollars I've spent on music equipment.

MIDIme

+1 to the rc-50.

Its alot of fun both live and for practicing/composing.

The rc50 may be overkill for some however given its cost. It is nice having stereo though.

• Members

Really? That's disappointing. It looked promising. Speaking of Zoom, did you see this?

Kinda cool. Like a Flip, but with better microphones.

OH MY GOD.

I want to go to there. And for $249, I just might!

Brian V.

P.S. The Line 6 Spider Jam and JM4 stompbox are super fun to jam along with.

• Members

Hey guys,

Sometimes I get a bit bored playing on my own. Is there a cool gadget/device that would be good to jam along with and get creative? I'm thinking of getting a KORG Kaossilator as it looks really fun.

Any suggestions?

Have you looked at something like this:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=818&ParentId=325

It's more guitar oriented than the other hand held recorders.

I also have a RC-50 and they are fun! Although now that Ableton has added a looper to Live I might be parting ways with the RC-50.

• Members

My favorite is the Korg Pandora px5d. I use it all the time to jam with, write riffs and tunes, learn stuff etc. It has tons of great guitar sounds and features and a good price. Really great and fun tool.

Cheers dudes! I'm going to check out the Pandora!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived