Electro-Harmonix pedals recreate "Autobhan"

baranger1

• Members

The original was a Farfisa professional piano and a Minimoog and their homebrew digital drum unit (in 1975!), you got an almost celeste sounding bell sounding the melody with the minimoog playing a chordal (obviously overdubbed) part behind it. I saw the video and it says VCS3 as well and some other bits but yeah, this is IT!

Bill did a terrific job on both the VG99 and EH versions.

Heck, I think that Ralf Hutter and Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk would be utterly amazed by this. Kudos!

• Members

girevik
Thank you!
But, wow the Software thing was a LONG time ago.
Its old!!!! and dated.
It was my first record and it was an exciting time for me as it got me into the commercial studio work click here in Chicago.
Have done between 8000 and 10000 sessions and have had a great carer playing guitar. Even have a pension from the union!
Being able to play guitar for a living has been the greatest thing in my life.
Being a session player has been great as every day its a different style with different challenges and sounds to produce.
For me its been a party as that's the kind of stuff I love.

I will see if I have the article and MP3 around from Guitar Techniques magazine I can copy and send you.
That,s one I had to write out this crazy solo. Way over head:-)
It funny to look at anyway.

Thank you again for you kind thoughts my friend,
Bill Ruppert

• Members
girevik

Thank you!

But, wow the Software thing was a LONG time ago.

Its old!!!! and dated.

It was my first record and it was an exciting time for me as it got me into the commercial studio work click here in Chicago.

Have done between 8000 and 10000 sessions and have had a great carer playing guitar. Even have a pension from the union!

Being able to play guitar for a living has been the greatest thing in my life.

Being a session player has been great as every day its a different style with different challenges and sounds to produce.

For me its been a party as that's the kind of stuff I love.

I will see if I have the article and MP3 around from Guitar Techniques magazine I can copy and send you.

That,s one I had to write out this crazy solo. Way over head:-)

It funny to look at anyway.

Thank you again for you kind thoughts my friend,

Bill Ruppert

Man, what a life you've had, Bill! :thu:

Yeah, I'd love to get a copy of that article and the MP3! Let me know what I need to do.

I hope your Youtube songs are part of an album project - I'd totally buy it.

• Members

I had the Software CD long before I actually knew the guitarist on it was the guy with all the VG99 proficiency on the boards.

I got it because of "Guitar on the Edge" which had the Software reunion track that I really liked and a local used CD store had a copy of "Software" so I picked it up.

Had no idea the Bill on that project was the same Bill who makes the VG99 sit up and bark until recently.

That being said, it's kind of funny how chance encounters in studios lead to unusual things.

Looks like Bill had a good one.

Archived