Let's hear your high-tech guitar music

ieso

• Members

Ive only done 1 song..dont know how high tech it is..Reaper>WagnerSharp>Impulse.Drums are loops..The bass and vocals or from other guys on Kompoz..I wrote the lame lyrics..lol..Its not really done..Need to redo a intro..Song just starts..with no build up..

If you click the play button on the pic of the chevy it will play.It uses flash to play file ..

http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collaborate/home.project?projectId=10628

• Members

holy {censored}, someone actually bought a gibson lawn dart.

Easily one of the best purchases I've ever made, I'll tell you that. I got mine new for $1100cdn before the re-issues came out at like $3000usd. Had a hell of a time finding one, too.

Went to Long&McQuade in Calgary where they told me they'd get one in and if I put money down I'd be first on the list for it. I put $50 down and waited, waited, waited, until I called and they told me one of their own employees bought it. :mad: I'm never shopping there again.

I tried a few other places in Calgary and Edmonton that all let me down, until I walked into work one day and a drummer in a local band told me they had one in at the local Gibson rep here in Lethbridge, Note-ables Music, so I ran to my boss and said there was an emergency, I had to leave ASAP.

I burned rubber all the way down to the store, saw it hanging in the "prestige" location on the wall, the spot reserved for "Special" guitars, took it down, played it for two minutes, fell in love and put $500 down on the spot, payed it off in a few weeks and did some minor modifications to get some more playability out of it and now it's my crown jewel. My Jag HH is still my #1 best playing guitar I've ever laid my hands on, but the Reverse V plays and sounds better than some of the $5000+ Gibson Les Pauls I've ever played, so I have to sit back and laugh at anyone who pokes fun at me for "OmG gibsen lawn dahrt LoLoL!L!!!!1" :poke:

Then I needed something to throw my GK-3 onto, and it wouldn't seat properly on any of my other guitars, so we get this:

ReverseVGK.jpg

:thu:

• Members

Bad Ass guitar. Lawn Dart!!! Ha!

This is all done using guitar, effects, delays and flanges. Actually, lots and lots of delays. There is also a vocal sample recorded from my cell phone into a SM57 and boosted with some amp moddleing.

The pictures are all pictures that I took from my neighborhood, Encinitas, CA.

http://www.youtube.com/user/marcher58#play/all/uploads-all/2/0mtILEMMBxo

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Did some songs where everything input was through a Roland vg99 and a Godin lgxt recorded into Sonar.

www.steamtheory.com/joomla

The songs are on the front page entitled 'The Sword Runner' and 'Spectres'.

All guitar sounds (electrics, acoustics, sitars, mandolins, bass guitars) are patches I made in the vg99.

Everything you hear is either the vg99 or softsamplers/synths (ie Gmedia's M-Tron) being driven by the vg99's midi output (no midi keyboard used to input), the drums are EZ drummer and a few samples from ProjectSAM's True Strike library. Feedback welcome.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi,

I'm not quite sure about what you mean by high-tech guitar music but I will post anyway. :)

This tune was recorded using Guitar Rig 4 Pro on all guitars and the bass.

Drums: Battery 3

Hammond, Rhodes and Brass: Kontakt 4

All other weird sounds and fx: Guitar and GR4 Pro

It's not very high tech sounding but I'm pleased with the tune as I had a blast writing/recording it.

All In The Box

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

http://pod.ath.cx/vg99/asb-emperor_of_the_lost_city_of_dust.mp3

Emperor of the Lost City of Dust

Live to two track:

Standard stereo processed guitar,

Standard VG99 stereo processed guitar,

VG99 guitar-to-midi to multiple softsynths.

Each string has a different synth sound, there's a bass, strings, percussion,

sound effects, etc.

All controlled from the same instrument at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

http://pod.ath.cx/vg99/asb-emperor_of_the_lost_city_of_dust.mp3

Emperor of the Lost City of Dust

Live to two track:

Standard stereo processed guitar,

Standard VG99 stereo processed guitar,

VG99 guitar-to-midi to multiple softsynths.

Each string has a different synth sound, there's a bass, strings, percussion,

sound effects, etc.

All controlled from the same instrument at the same time.

Holy {censored} man. I dig!

(I mostly hang out in GJ but pop over here once in a while. ;) )

• Members

Did some songs where everything input was through a Roland vg99 and a Godin lgxt recorded into Sonar.

www.steamtheory.com/joomla

The songs are on the front page entitled 'The Sword Runner' and 'Spectres'.

All guitar sounds (electrics, acoustics, sitars, mandolins, bass guitars) are patches I made in the vg99.

Everything you hear is either the vg99 or softsamplers/synths (ie Gmedia's M-Tron) being driven by the vg99's midi output (no midi keyboard used to input), the drums are EZ drummer and a few samples from ProjectSAM's True Strike library. Feedback welcome.

Well done! And the tune Fable....a big Yes!!! to that one ;)

• Members

I love this vst so much I thought I'd post about it in the hi tech forum. It's a germanium fuzz emulator including a cabinet sim. My path is telecaster into maudio dmp3 into soundblaster sound card into reaper into fuzz vst with a splash of reverb.

Going to have to go find that one! I love that over the top raunchy rhythm sound I'm thinking it would inspire a song or two at the least!

Archived