Very slick 13-pin Roland Stompboxes from Japan

aliensporebomb

• Members

http://www.geocities.jp/dancingmoga/whatmidi/wp_oc.html

The WP20 and the OC20.

Not sure if these ever showed up stateside but I'd love 13-pin FX for my GK3 equipped guitar!

Has anyone ever seen these here? They have english control panels so it would appear they may have shown up

at some point, not sure if when these were produced or if they are new.

• Members

The WP20 and the OC20.

Not sure if these ever showed up stateside but I'd love 13-pin FX for my GK3 equipped guitar!

Yes - these were shipping here in the USA circa 2001-2002 era

They bombed - mostly due to to high price ( +$250 /ea)

and the limited GK13 User market

Check Ebay - they are traded there regularly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have both of them. I bought them from Sam Ash on closeout for 50% off. They have their uses. The WP20 has couple of good sounds and some useless sounds. The Saw lead & Square wave sounds are cool, The Slow Gear and Ring Mod are ok at best. The Sitar is goofy but I found it useful for a track once, and the acoustic guitar is crap. It reminds me of the ancient GR 300 in some ways. If you blend it with other effects, you can get into some unique sounds.

The OC 20 is very cool.

The cool part about them is that they track very well

• 3 months later...
  • Members

had em both myself [uSA]

FWIW sold em a long time ago - I think the above reviews are pretty much par.

I really liked the idea, but I don't think they really came together all that well.

The OC-20G was, ultimately more useful. tho I actually found the poly slow gear to be the most useful part of the WP-20G (if you fingerpick). The square and saw waves were usable, but very dry on their own

but given the price of a used VG-8, I just don't think they offer much value now (if they did back then)

too bad, if they made sort of a GR-300 ish type deal (part of the WP-20 with a dynamic filter section maybe the octave or a couple of other features) I think they would have had nice little goer for those guys who are used to that simple "guitar synth" style from the 24-pin dayz

Archived