Garageband

Killress

• Members

What's the easiest, cheapest way I could go about hooking my guitar up to my mac for use on garageband? Also, can you use the guitar to emulate other instruments once hooked into garage band? I just got my mac yesterday, and it's not set up yet, so sorry for my stupidity.

-Killress

• Members

What Mac do you have - I'm a Mac Dude but 1st I need to know which one you have? Imac's have a small preamp in them so a simple 1/4" -> 1/8" mini adapter on the end of a guitar cord plugged into LINE IN works - won't really sound that great with a Laptop though as they don't have a preamp built-in.

• Members

1/4 to 1/8th that's all you need. There are tons of effects available too and you can, to a certain extent, emulate other instruments.

Make sure to check out some of the Jam Packs that are available. They can really help you build some great sounding tunes.

I use GB a lot and I don't think the guitars sound as bad as most people think they do. They can get a bit noisy, just be careful with the effects. The cleaner the better imho. But it's loaded with great features and you can do quite a bit with it. The Jam Packs will help as well.

Archived