Guitar Rig no sound...

bish0p34

• Members

I'm using Guitar Rig 4 and the first time I loaded it, ho sound came through it. I can hear my guitar, but with no processing. The input bars didn't move. I figured it was late, I'll deal with it tomorrow. The next day, it works fine.

Cut to now... I've dialed in my tone, ready to record another track. I hit go, and there's only a clean guitar tone. Nothing from GR. I restarted it, and my DAW...nothing.

Any ideas out there guys? I tried searching, but it just don't work.

• Members

Sounds like it's bypassed in the DAW to me. You may have turned track FX off or something, I'm not sure how all DAWs work but there are likely several ways you could have bypassed it. If the input bar shows nothing, I doubt the problem is with the GR setup. Could even be you have the guitar input going to the wrong track or something :idk:

If nothing else works, start a new project in the DAW and set up a track w/ GR4 all over again.

• Members

Are you running GR4 as an effect hosted by the DAW or as a standalone program running on its own and routing its output into the DAW?

If we knew which DAW you were using someone familiar with that particular DAW would probably be able to guide you to the right settings pretty quickly.

Archived