Dark Ambient With Les Paul/ delay/chorus

Dynasty4me

• Members

I must say I'm quite impressed! Most people wouldn't even think that's a guitar.

Thanks for the compliment. But it wasn't much of a line. One of those happy accidents using the ususal suspects (ie; reverb, delay, chorus) and what i ended up with was nothing spectacular so I stretched it and detuned it and then whammo -- everyone that walked by said it sounded like a scary forest, thus the title!! LOL

• Members

Really impressive. Very impressionistic and image-filled.

I don't think I'd imagine it was a guitar either.

I got a somewhat similar sound when I left my guitar sitting on my chair with an electric fan blowing on it and the hex pickup was picking up all kinds of strange harmonics but this takes it about ten steps beyond - really cool.

You could set up by your front door come halloween and play stuff like this live - neighborhood kids will be scared to death!

• Members

Really impressive. Very impressionistic and image-filled.

I don't think I'd imagine it was a guitar either.

I got a somewhat similar sound when I left my guitar sitting on my chair with an electric fan blowing on it and the hex pickup was picking up all kinds of strange harmonics but this takes it about ten steps beyond - really cool.

You could set up by your front door come halloween and play stuff like this live - neighborhood kids will be scared to death!

Funny thing is, this isn't the scariest sound I've gotten from a guitar.

I have another piece that was purely guitar, with some modulation of course, but only one real manipulation, that is much scarier and far more suited to scaring the kids at halloween.

Thanks for the compliment.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived