Pod HD500 J-45 Marshall Tone

rotren

• Members

With the Pod HD500, you can get great Marshall tone by just going with the J-45 amp model. Sweet amp model!

All the guitar tracks are completely dry, except for the lead guitar, which has the Classic Distortion stompbox model, and some delay added in Logic.

I used a Hagstrom Swede for all of this. I wrote that little tune last night too.

[video=youtube;-Z4EbdYyoXw]

• Members

I had my rant about the HD500 awhile ago, but I DO like the j45 model a lot, and the Dr. Z model. Those are my faves with the Hiwatt model also being rather nice.

I am still learning how to use mine as I have had it less than a week. I am just using it at home and will use it when I jam some stuff with a bass player friend and my son on piano. We don't really need much. I like being able to set up a tone with two independent paths that allow me to use the magnetic and acoustic outs from my Godin guitar independently and fade between them using the expression pedal. I don't put an amp on the acoustic side, just some chorus and reverb and it sounds very nice. I haven't even tried the Dr Z model yet, but I do have a real Dr Z amp (Maz 18 Jr 2x10). Also what I haven't tried is adjusting a tone here in my little home office/studio using my near field monitors and then taking the pedal into the living room to plug into my Carvin AG100D. Incidentally I think the Carvin AG100D is a decent and affordable amplification solution for acoustic-electric stuff using a modeling pedal as it functions as a mini PA/mixer.

• Members

I am still learning how to use mine as I have had it less than a week. I am just using it at home and will use it when I jam some stuff with a bass player friend and my son on piano. We don't really need much. I like being able to set up a tone with two independent paths that allow me to use the magnetic and acoustic outs from my Godin guitar independently and fade between them using the expression pedal. I don't put an amp on the acoustic side, just some chorus and reverb and it sounds very nice. I haven't even tried the Dr Z model yet, but I do have a real Dr Z amp (Maz 18 Jr 2x10). Also what I haven't tried is adjusting a tone here in my little home office/studio using my near field monitors and then taking the pedal into the living room to plug into my Carvin AG100D. Incidentally I think the Carvin AG100D is a decent and affordable amplification solution for acoustic-electric stuff using a modeling pedal as it functions as a mini PA/mixer.

I've always wondered how well that works, thanks for posting that. It's quite a reasonably priced unit. I was thinking it'd be nice to run my guitar synth, acoustic, as well as my laptop running POD Farm through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have been playing around with the dual amp setups, and it's very cool indeed.

I also tried running the HD500 into the FX return on my amps, and that's pretty cool too. You'll need to turn of the cab sims for that though.

As Yoda would have said - great unit, this is!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived