Carl Martin Combinator 2 users?

• Members

I use a 1987 Marshall top(plexi) with a 4x12 marshall cab with greenbacks.

I have a modded tubescreamer, a sd-9, plus a Delayla XL I just bought as well, plus a Plexitone, one Ibanez cs-9 chorus and a fl-9 flanger, also Ibanez, also shift between a MXR Dynacomp and a CM compressor.

Very nice switcher, no issues.

• Members

Originally posted by TexGtr

the combinator is a floor unit.. no way unless you had a large number of leads going back and forth.

Just have a snake running to the rack. Otherwise what's the point? I can make a switcher about 1/32 the size of the combinator for a few bucks at radio shack.

• Members

Just have a snake running to the rack. Otherwise what's the point? I can make a switcher about 1/32 the size of the combinator for a few bucks at radio shack.

Well does it have three banks and a mutefunction then??

Can it be programmed?

Does it have stereo loops?

Two outputs and a build in 9v supply?

Does it pop when you change settings?

I think I will stick to this thing, I really do not care about the size, it is functional and that is what matters.

• Members

Originally posted by John Chrichton

Well does it have three banks and a mutefunction then??

Can it be programmed?

Does it have stereo loops?

Two outputs and a build in 9v supply?

Does it pop when you change settings?

I think I will stick to this thing, I really do not care about the size, it is functional and that is what matters.

I wouldn't need any of that bullshit if my pedals were still on the damn floor. :p

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Ok a little info then, we are working on impedance, so that you can use your vintage oldstyle pedals in the switcher.

But we have our hands full at the moment,

got a few more things that needs some attention, expanding the new vintage series is also in high gear.

But I will have more news on the switcher soon, Thomas have some good ideas that he is going to check out next week.

Niels

• Members

Hey, thank you for sharing this info!

Do you think it will be possible for all of us users of the Combinator 2 to send the unit to Carl Martin to upgrade/add the new features?

Or will we have to buy a new Combinator?

I hope you can give an answer or maybe a small hint about this matter. Thank you anyway!:thu:

Archived