New effect suggestions

reaper

• Members

I have about a $100 dollars sitting around and i was wondering what i could get in the way of effects. I already have a nice distorted tone (tone bone) and a decent wah pedal. I'm looking for something different to have a little fun with. The voodoo labs Sparkel drive looks interesting but i don't want it if it sounds like every other overdrive there is. Is it kinda of unique bc of the way it mixes clean and overdrive, is it bluesy? Otherwise i was thinking like a delay or tremolo or something fun in my price range. any suggestions?

• Members
Originally posted by David Jatt

I had a surprising amount of fun with the Pulsar I got today. Trems make the most banal of chord progressions sound presentable.
:)

and they inspire you to play long kill bill-ish songs as well.

• Members

i'd have to say no go on the tremolo. the only tremolos ive ever heard and liked are the ones featured on old tube amps.

i had the boss tr-2 and it seemed a waste of space. i felt bad having a pedal that did tremolo. does that make sense?

i'd get a phaser like the phase 90 by MXR. or a delay like the Ibanez DE7. probably the delay, more bang for your buck.

Archived