MI Audio New Fuzzes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I thought Brad mentioned they were on their way so may be he has them but not up on the site.

Hopefully soon though...I think they'll be a great option for fuzz addicts who want something original and reasonably priced.

• Members

Been playing with my neo fuzz and I really like it!!!

It is very versatile, lovely low gain sounds thru to all out fuzz and everywhere in between, I would describe it as somewhere between a fuzz factroy and a sun face which is exactly what I was looking for, it is very flexible.

It can do a cool gated sound like the fuzz factory using the bias control, and cleans up well like a good fuzz should.

I love the tone control and combined with the body it is a very flexible eq, what alot of fuzz'z are missing IMO.

It is really good having all the controls on the exterior, instead of internal trimmers, there is still 1 internal trimmer but I havn't got to that yet! It also has a brightness switch which I didnt find that useful but I guess it depends on your amp, I am running it on the brightest setting.

The volume and fuzz knobs are on the edge of the box which make it easy to turn with your feet.

At the moment I am running my fuzz head and neo fuzz with great results, nice clarity and sustain.

Have you checked the sound files: http://www.miaudio.com/

I am still in the honeymoon period but I think it may well be a keeper.

• Members
Originally posted by UnkleSlam

They're HERE !
:)

Yeah sure!

;)

I had emailed Michael and he said they were enroute. Glad to hear that they are in. Guess I got to log into PayPal right about now. :D

• Members

I hope you guys like them! You guys should hear the difference between the GI and the Neo,... even I was surprised at how much difference the transistors made. They're a great compliment to each other.

BTW, I would like to apologise to everyone who's been hankering for the new pedals. It's my fault. I've been the bottleneck in the system. Brad and Teddy have been very patient with me,... it's just a one man show over here and I'm trying to do a lot of things at the same time.

I've got a few more pedals coming out soon,...
- "Blues Pro overdrive" US$89.95, an earlier incarnation of the Blue Boy with a bit more grit.
- "Crunch Box Distortion" US$99.95, which is designed to respond like a plexi-with-a-booster typa thing.
- "Boost 'n' Buff" US$79.95 which does 3 things, a) 0-20db flat booster... b) 20-40db treble booster... c) 'bypass' is an ultra low-noise buffer

I'm also prototyping a vibe pedal at the moment, and an analog delay and chorus, but I'm sure that they're a long way off.

But,

The big news, and also the reason why I've been very preoccupied these days, is that I'm working on a pure tube amp at the moment. It's starting to take shape now, but I'm still working out the final details. I can't give away too much, but if all goes to plan (and it might not!), it will be what I believe to be the most feature-packed, flexible amp available today.

• Members

Wow! Good to see you post Michael. Brad sent my Neo out today. Can't wait to get it and check it out. I thought I wanted the GI but once I heard the two demos on your site, it seemed like the Neo is what I am after. Thanks for finally getting them off to Brad. :D

• Members

I have spent a little more time with my neo and loving it even more it has now knocked my fuzz head of my board, it is just so versitile.

Michael I will have to contact you for a boost n buff. Geez I thought I had almost everything I wanted but now you are doing vibes, delays etc when will it stop:rolleyes:

I am loving the tube zone at the moment aswell, covers alot of ground, very flexible.

Roughly what wattage is the tube amp? Always looking for little tube amps.

Tony

• Members

Thanks guys.

Glad to hear you're digging the the Neo herbs. I'm really happy with the way both turned out. I really love the combination of small case and lots of knobs!

I ran some power tests on the amp a few months ago. The power amp can be run in 8 different modes, giving you anywhere from 115W to 7W RMS. ;)

I'm so excited about the amp,..... :D

• Members

Just got mine yesterday. The amount of controls on this thing makes it by far a keeper. Sounds truly great either low gain or cranked. This is probably the best bang for the buck fuzz that I have tried.

Herb..... have you tweaked the internal trip pot yet? I noticed there isn't anything in the manual about it. I emailed Michael inquiring about it and will wait to hear from him before I touch it!

• Members

Just got my NEO yesterday. With only an hour of play time, I know it's a keeper.
The low gain sounds are amazing, even coming close to a clean boost! It combines well with most of my overdrives, but sounds superb with the Blueboy!
The internal trim pot is a gain pot. Here's the info from Michael:
"The internal trimmer is an extra gain control. I found that with my original design (especially with the GI Fuzz), the gain was HUGE, so I put the internal trimmer in there to tame the gain. In the stock position, the gain is attenuated by about 20db. You can much around with that if you like, there's no harm. I put the trimmer in there so that people could adjust the gain as they like."

• Members

Wow that trim pot makes drastic changes. Have you messed with your Tweaker? Where is your set at? I turned mine all the way to the left (looking at it upside down) and that seems to be where the extra gain is at. Damn this is flexible!

• Members

Have any of you guys tried the neo with your wah, I am using a rmc3 before the neo and it give a pretty good sweep, better than any other fuzz's. I think the load control helps alot, I usually run it on full.

Maxed out the gain (internal), fuzz, load and bias and got this awesome stuttering effect, played some double stops and it did this tremolo type effect, I havnt even heard my fuzz factory do anything like it, lower the bias to reduce the effect. It also has a sililar effect with the bias very low, similar to a noise gate sort of thing?

This little puppy keeps getting better:D

Archived