Sprained Right hand Help

• Members

I was pulling the starter rope on my mower this evening and the rope seized,ripping flesh off my right ring finger and has apparently sprained my whole right hand..It is swollen,feels like one big cramp,and keeps falling asleep..I have gigs this weekend and on into the first part of next week..

Any advise? Heat?,Ice? Both?

Hellman Mayo?,WD-40?:D

Thanks Guys

• Members

I recommend ice, and a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, such as ibuprofen or naproxen. The active ingredient in Advil is ibuprofen and the active ingredient in Aleve is naproxen. Take one Advil four times daily (every six hours) or one Aleve three times daily (every eight hours). This will help reduce the swelling. Never take Advil and/or Aleve simultaneously. If pain and swelling persist, please consult your doctor. I hope all goes well.

• Members

Very good advice above from Jet Bycraft.

Don't feel too bad, Keith - one time I wiped out on a bike and broke BOTH my wrists. I also bashed my head on the pavement (on my right eyebrow) and ended up with the worst road rash because I was only wearing shorts and sneakers. Needless to say, there was no guitar playing for a few weeks. This was a long time ago.

• Members

Originally posted by Jet Bycraft

I recommend ice, and a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, such as ibuprofen or naproxen. The active ingredient in Advil is ibuprofen and the active ingredient in Aleve is naproxen. Take one Advil four times daily (every six hours) or one Aleve three times daily (every eight hours). This will help reduce the swelling. Never take Advil and/or Aleve simultaneously. If pain and swelling persist, please consult your doctor. I hope all goes well.

+1000000000000000000000000000

• Members

Take care of the cut with some sort of antibiotic (triple-antibiotic) ointment. Keep it clean and wrapped. Also wrap the hand in an Ace bandage if you've got one.

+1 on the advil (or the generic walgreens or grocery store brand ibuprofen)

And ice the thing for the first three days or so and then switch to heat.

Archived