So I rented my hiwatt out as a backup amp

floyd

• Members

for the classic rock band trooper

During soundcheck he a/b'd it against his plexi 100watt .. the hiwatt at half volume was as "loud" as his maxed out marshall :D and it's a 50 watter

picture2389sw.jpg

p.s. thats not the plexi .. just my jmp 50 watt 2204 .. by the way how much could I get for that ??

• Members
Originally posted by Rob Eadgbe

Smitty's a real nice guy. He was neighbors with a buddy of mine. Is Paul Gogo still playing keys for them? He's a really funny guy, great stories.

the man so nice they named him twice :) yes he does great guy always funny seeing him off stage with his old glasses on

• Members

Originally posted by SASQUATCH

Speaking of loud amps, I'll put my Mesa/Boogie Mark II C+

1x12 against any stack in the world.

85 watts of Boogie tube gain = brainmelting volume at 2 miles.

I would bet that a 2 x EL34 Traynor YBA-1 will take down the both of them for loudness before distorting..won't sound as nice but they are serioulsy crazy loud.

• Members
Originally posted by SASQUATCH

2 EL 34's?

Pah-leaze.

My Boogie has five 12ax7's, two el-34's, and two 6l6's into a

Electro-Voice EV 12L speaker with a 34 pound magnet.

:cool:

:D

625 volt plate current putting out 90 Watt RMS = louder than you can imagine. :) Most tubes just melt.

Check out the trannies attached...amp head weighs 90 lbs.

yba-1a%20front.jpg

• Members

Trooper? Canada's number 1 bar band of all time? OMG, can you imagine the bleach blonde 45+ cougars slutting up the places they play? Too funny.

Hey, do those guys still sport mullets?

Trooper. Too {censored}ing funny.

What next, Kim Mitchell?
:rolleyes:

No thanks, I'd rather see the Dayglo Abortions.

• Members

I'm no tech head when it comes to amps but my ears tell me this: of the few vintage Marshalls (and current reissues) I've had the opportunity to plug into, the whole vintage Marshall thing is completely overblown. They just don't sound that {censored}ing good. Now if I could just track down a Hiwatt to test drive.

Archived