Many effects questions, please advise me

Bacon86

• Members

So i'm quitting smoking soon and im gunna treat myself and piss away money on guitar equipment, mainly effects, but I have many, many questions.

first off, what kinda effects I want, multi effects pedal, or stomp box, what makes/models I should buy and using them in my setup.

second I'm worried about degrading my my amps tone, it's a mesa 3 channel dual recto, it's apperently got a comprehensive FX loop which I immagine would come in handy, but for some effects would I be better off placing them elsewhere?

effects wise I'm looking for:

1. Versitile modulation, chorus, flange, maybe a tremolo and phaser too

2. a delay that has a tap tempo, and a long repeat time, I don't care about style of delay, tape echo or any of that crap, I just want long delay time, and a tap tempo, oh and good sound

3. reverb, not a must, but it'd be nice if it was included or something.

I also want them too be reliable and sound good, I like boss stuff because its reliable, but I'm leaning towards line 6 effects

also if for multi effects pedla sare there any good sounding ME pedals that arent too expensive but sound GOOD?

anyways, any suggestions are helpfull, should I go for a multi effects pedal? or should I go for stomp box's?

• Members

Originally posted by Bacon86

effects wise I'm looking for:

1. Versitile modulation, chorus, flange, maybe a tremolo and phaser too

2. a delay that has a tap tempo, and a long repeat time, I don't care about style of delay, tape echo or any of that crap, I just want long delay time, and a tap tempo, oh and good sound

3. reverb, not a must, but it'd be nice if it was included or something.

Combination. A Yamaha UD Stomp will handle all the delay, chorus, flanger and reverb you could want, and a Red Witch Moon Phaser would do the phasing and tremolo. Both sound fantastic.

Archived