Eminem seems to be going downhill

jcn37203

• Members

I'm one of these guys who thinks Eminem is actually a good rapper.

I mean, even if you hate rap, you have to admit, he is at least not a rapper clone like so many of the other rappers. At least he isn't just rapping about bling and cars and money and {censored}.

Anyways, the last two singles I've heard from him seem to indicate a trend toward novelty entertainment rapping. Which is a shame.

Have you heard this 'Doing Doing Doing' song? I just heard it on XM, so I'm not sure if its an actual single or not.

The whole song is him just mocking that dog puppet from TV Funhouse ("I keed, I keed"). If you remember he actually got in a confrontation with the puppet on the VMAs one year, one of the funnier things I've ever seen on TV.

So yeah, fart jokes in a rap song. Just not my scene, man.

Too bad.

• Members

Did you watch the MTV Movie Awards last week? Triumph was harassing Lindsay Lohan (sp?) and it turned out to be Eminem doing it and then he broke into that song with these people dressed like Crank Yanker puppets. It was actually pretty damn cool. LOL

• Members
Originally posted by Arjae

Did you watch the MTV Movie Awards last week? Triumph was harassing Lindsay Lohan (sp?) and it turned out to be Eminem doing it and then he broke into that song with these people dressed like Crank Yanker puppets. It was actually pretty damn cool. LOL

Nah, I can't watch TV anymore. It sucks because I miss moments like that. BUt it rules because I have all the other moments of my life to spend doing other things.

... like reading about the moments I missed on internet forums.

:confused:

• Members

maybe he is tired of rapping about killing his wife, and his addict mom. the last few songs before these last two, were really personal and about his family, maybe he actually intelligent and wants to mix up his material. you cant blame him for that.

lay off the man, he is one of the best rappers making music right now, the way he puts words together is truly unique.

i think he is really talented and funny, just my two cents.

• Members

Originally posted by sleewell22

maybe he is tired of rapping about killing his wife, and his addict mom. the last few songs before these last two, were really personal and about his family, maybe he actually intelligent and wants to mix up his material. you cant blame him for that.

lay off the man, he is one of the best rappers making music right now, the way he puts words together is truly unique.

i think he is really talented and funny, just my two cents.

I think JCN is trying to say exactly that. And I agree. I haven't heard the new material but he does seem to have a bit of a rollercoaster effect on the quality.

• Members

He sucks ass now. His first two albums were incredible, and The Eminem Show was no slouch either... But this new album Encore is horrible IMO.

BTW he's not really mocking Triumph. They kissed and made up. Triumph is actually in the video for that song. Which is a weak song anyways... :)

Archived