Durham Electronics Sex Drive & Mucho Boosto

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anybody try these? What do ya think? I understand the SD is more of a boost and the MB is more of an overdrive.

How do they stack up against Klon, modded Tube Screamers and Blues Drivers, Barber LTD and Direct Drive SS, Bad Bob Boost, etc.?

Always searching for the sound...

Guest Anonymous

Help! Please don't let my thread die..

Can anybody compare these pedals to a Klon?

My main amp is a Metro plexi clone (LOVE IT!). I've tried a plethora of nice pedals to occasionally spice it up and boost it, and now I'm interested in these Durham peds.

I'm a big fan of the ABB, Gov't Mule, and classic rock stuff in general. Can't beat those old school tones.

• Members

Either are nice, but neither sound even remotely like a Klon to my ears. That's not a bad thing at all. The Klon has strength's and weaknesses just like anything else.

The Sex Drive is pretty much a straight up clean boost. Very transparent. No mud, and if anything it leans toward brightness on certain settings. There's almost no "dirt" to speak of. On the highest gain settings, it's still very clean. Even the compression toggle is very subtle. Killer pedal if you really want just "more" of your current sound.

The Mucho Boosto fills the overdrive slot. It's like a Sex Drive on steroids. Lots more gain (still NOT distortion). Very flexible. The "normal" channel is pretty bright and lends itself well to naturally thicker sounding amps (bassmans,marshalls), much like a treblebooster, but without that trademark Rangemaster sound. The Fat channel is a lot beefier and works better with most clean Fender style amps IMO.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Brad! That does help a lot. How is the transparency? Any info helps..

Are they white or silver? Can't tell for sure from the pics..

ez

Archived