Wouldn't DIY modelling be nice?

Yek

• Members

I am extremely happy with my current sound.

And that made me think....

Wouldn't it be nice and extremely convenient if there was a state-of-the-art digital device that enables me to create digital models of my own sounds? I could tweak my current (mainly analog!) gear in every way and then store it in a preset.

Mind you, it would make use of my own gear. I don't want to create patches using the built-in sounds of any of the current digital modelling devices. Been there, used it.

• Members

What do you mean exactly? To still use your gear you'd have to find a way to automate all the dials and switches, which would be an insane thing to build.

A simple way of doing it would be for companies to make plugins of famous pedals, but then you'd need a laptop on stage and stuff, and mojo would be nowhere to be seen...

• Members

No, I then would use a digital system to recall those patches I created.

Suppose I created a beautiful lush clean sound, little bit of delay that I like (my Intelliverb)), little bit of chorus (my CF01), slightly boosted signal (my RC Booster), etc.
It would be so nice if I could "save" that sound in digital form and use MIDI and a sequencer to recall that sound (without using the gear I created it with) whenever I like it.

Just pondering away on a dull Thursday afternoon....

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

What do you mean exactly? To still use your gear you'd have to find a way to automate all the dials and switches, which would be an insane thing to build.

A simple way of doing it would be for companies to make plugins of famous pedals, but then you'd need a laptop on stage and stuff, and mojo would be nowhere to be seen...

You know...like on a computer when you take an 'image'

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I still am going to hold out for tone fairies that I can save a sound when things are really cooking and when I want it back, I can just release the tone fairies from the jar like Link does and they go and adjust all the knobs and settings on my amps, guitars and pedals.

• Members

Yeah it is a nice idea, but you couldn't save and recreate a 'sound' without building it up from its' basic elements (chorus/delay etc). So if you could get plugin versions of your pedals you'd be sorted.

Also if you looked hard enough I'm sure you'd find a multifx that can do everything your pedals can (to a point).

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I still am going to hold out for tone fairies that I can save a sound when things are really cooking and when I want it back, I can just release the tone fairies from the jar like Link does and they go and adjust all the knobs and settings on my amps, guitars and pedals.

Oh yeah, I do support the tone fairies. And late at night, when Ive put down my guitar, the fairies and me are having a party and things are cooking then too.

Archived