OT: What's your favorite sound check song/riffs

erick4x4

• Members

So if your anything like me, you have the same thing you tend to play when the sound engineer asks you to play a little. Just thought I would see what everyones favorites are.

I'll start . . .

My favorite sound check things are:

La Grange Intro

Rock you like a hurricane intro

Start me up

Red House

What are yours??

• Members

ive never played a show, but i imagine if i had to play something it'd be the riff at 2.55 from "aesthetic" by between the buried and me. its my favorite riff to play. sounds awesome and is good for warming up because of the slides and stretches.

• Members

Originally posted by Stoney Stomp

I usually start clean with Jeff Buckley's So Real and then move to crunchy stuff with Zeppelin's Custard Pie. Nice full chords with good highs, mids and lows..so i can hear the full range of tones

Cool call on the Zep tune. That intro is my favorite thing to play thru my cranked Dr.Z. KT-45. :cool:

• Members

Nothing in particular. A clean riff - something county-ish usually, a few crunchy chords and a few seconds of full volume single note stuff. Something to give the soundperson an idea of my levels and what sounds I'll use.

Not that they care or do anything really, but it makes me feel like I did my part to make things a little better.

Archived