So I Got a Digiverb, and...

• Members

Wow, very impressed indeed! I run my rig in stereo with a Maxon AD-999. The wet and dry signals are completely separate with the Digiverb trailing off the wet delay signal. Very nice!!

Question: I noticed that the Digiverb is the only pedal that I have to turn on after powering up. Is there any way to have it automatically be on when powering up. All effects are daisy chained to a power supply.

• Members
Originally posted by Mike McLenison

Wow, very impressed indeed! I run my rig in stereo with a Maxon AD-999. The wet and dry signals are completely separate with the Digiverb trailing off the wet delay signal. Very nice!!

Question: I noticed that the Digiverb is the only pedal that I have to turn on after powering up. Is there any way to have it automatically be on when powering up. All effects are daisy chained to a power supply.

i always have to turn it on after powering it up. just get used to it, you lazy ass :D

great pedal huh? i love the plate reverb on that, and the reverse is fun.

• Members

Stickbuddy, I haven't tried it against the Grails. I've just read the HC reviews. I am very picky and would bring it back if not satisfied. It is an absolutely great pedal. I love all the settings. The spring reverb is very impressive, dead on. I went to Guitar Center in Phoenix and offered them $80 and they did it. I use the Hall setting with the decay 3/4 up. Actually I run the Maxon AD-999 wet signal into a Rockman analog chorus, then into the Digiverb. The sound is amazing running 2 amps in stereo.

• Members

i love it too

i picked it up late last year, i knew i didnt like the boss RV series vrbs so i shopped and A/Bd with the holy grail, it was no contest. later my bud who owns the music store i shop called and told me he got a used little lanallie reverb unit. i checked it out of curiosity later and was glad i went ahead and got the digiverb a few days earlier

anyway, the reason its off when powering up is so you can select the CIT cabnet modelling for direct recording.

if you plan to run straight to it then straight out to PC (or through other stompboxes, digiverb last then PC) - what you do is when powering up (whether plugging in adaptor or putting guitar jack in the "in-side") - you hold down the pedal for 3 seconds. the light still goes out (i think) but when you engage it - it will be in direct recording mode. other X-series pedals have this feature

this engages the CIT mode for direct recording, it is pretty cool but usually when folks record at home direct they already have other means. it does cut off those extra highs when recording direct and has a speaker-vibe as opposed to direct vibe. to disengage the direct CIT mode after you power it up while holding down pedal - you simply step the switch off then on and its back in normal mode

thats why it does not come on when powering up

hope this helped ;)

Archived