Bands that are/were truly talentless

jcn37203

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Montag

which is why my girlfriend must NEVER know of this band

You sure you don't want me to sign her up for their email list?

If you love her, you'll want what makes her happy.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by pennypusher

I think Slipknot has no redeeming quality whatsoever. They sound like some giant animal with diarrhea {censored}ting all over the cookie monster and miss piggy while they are muppet {censored}ing.

New sig

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Were they a novelty band?

I've seen some horrible Christian bands pack in some large houses. Not that all Christian bands suck, just that the message is what people like, so the music doesn't always have to be as good.

And some Christian bands are very good, my old band played a show, and this local group asked if they could open for us. They were totally modest and humble and we expected them to basically suck, just from the way they acted, but they wound up making us look like the amatuers we were.

Also, there is a band out there where the lead singer is some guy who used to be on that Buffy TV show. They aren't particularly awesome, but they draw HUGE crowds because of the love for the show.

Nope. supposedly got big with filesharing. http://www.dispatchmusic.com/ is their website. Was all 16 year olds jamming to this drek.

• Members

Originally posted by marfue179

how about Slint?

worst well respected indie band ever

you've gotta be {censored}ing joking - Slint has first rate players.

the vocalist is weak, i'll give you that. but the guitarists and drummer are absolutely killer.

my list for talentless hacks:

ICP

Nelson

CKY

The Proclaimers

The Offspring

evanescence

kelly osbourne

god...so many

• Members

The mother{censored}ing Magick Markers. I CANNOT STAND this band. All the little pseudo-intellectual indie {censored}s love them and it pisses me off for a variety of reasons. Since they're opening for Dino Jr, I'm seriously contemplating going late so I don't have to sit through one of their sets but this will make me have to stand near the back. Thanks a lot, you no talent assclowns.

Here, watch:

http://ecstaticpeace.com/multimedia/fly_markers.mov

• Members

Originally posted by lou_weed

I think some of us are confusing "talentless bands" with "bands we don't like".

Nirvana/White Stripes talentless? If you can sing as well as Cobain or White I'll give you a handjob.

Or write compelling songs involving only guitar and drums, and not sound like anytihing is missing.

• Members

Originally posted by lou_weed

I think some of us are confusing "talentless bands" with "bands we don't like".

Nirvana/White Stripes talentless? If you can sing as well as Cobain or White I'll give you a handjob.

White is not by any stretch a 'talentless' guitarist ... And Cobain had an uncanny ability to write very poppy songs that still had substance ...

Archived