Wurlitzer Orbit 3 for $175??

• Members

Hey there,

Just found this at a store in town, a lady is holding it for me until I find out "whether I have room for it or not." So, here I am doing a bit of research on it. Anyone used one? The couple reviews that were done by users on Harmony-Central reviews give it pretty decent scores, and the one page I found that featured it had some nice things to say about it, but I thought you guys may have some better (or worse) things to add.

• Members

I have one. I paid 30.oo for it. Bought it locally on Ebay. No one else bid on it.

I would sell it for 30.oo to anyone that wants to come haul it away in Eugene, OR.

Not because I don't like it......but I'm moving soon and I won't really have room.

The synth on it is quite awesome.

If no one buys it I'm probably going to take the synth out and trash the rest......or maybe make an amp out of the amp section too.

:wave:

wurlitzer.JPG

• Members

I recently got rid of my Wurlitzer organ, which was a 4055D (I think) and sounded pretty much the same as the Orbit, sans the mono synth. All I know is the organ sound itself sounds like a bad clarinet, or a flute most of the time. The bass pedals on it really meant nothing either and there was a shitty cassette player on it by Bell & Howell, along with a typical organ drum machine. Really nothing to gloss over. It sounded like shit and took up entirely too much room.

Now if I could have saved the bass pedals and found a way to mod them so they'd be compatible with my MG-1, I'd make myself a ghetto Taurus II :)

Archived