Help choosing a layout for my DIY treble boost

warioblast

• Members

thx for your repplies guys.

I have not made my choice though; those layout were made with the idea to put the jacks on each side of the pedal. To had to the confusion, I drew some layout:
_ with the jacks on the upper side
_ with the box put horizontally (

• Members

Well I have a HBE Germania which is like the middle row left and I've never accidently stepped on the toggle switch. It might seem too close to the stomp switch but in my experience, it's been a non-issue. Good luck. I've built kits and done re-houses but I'm anxious to try a DIY. I can't wait to see your results.

• Members
Originally posted by yaz75

Well I have a HBE Germania which is like the middle row left and I've never accidently stepped on the toggle switch. It might seem too close to the stomp switch but in my experience, it's been a non-issue. Good luck. I've built kits and done re-houses but I'm anxious to try a DIY. I can't wait to see your results.

thx for your support.
the treble booster is my second DIY project.
here's a tone bender MKII clone made a month ago using strip board.
temp	b1.jpg
temp	b3.jpg
I don't know if it sounds close to the original, but it sure has a nice black keys vibe.

I was very anxious too, in fact I was willing to try DIY for about 6 years, since I received my roger mayer octavia, and opened it to put the battery in. There were so few components, I told myself, it must be easy as a cake.

There are very good beginners information (introduction to parts) on generalguitargadgets.com, I highly recommend them.

• Members

It's done :D
tempyes.jpg
It worked at first plug :cool: but the trimpots need some tweaking to fine-tune the voltage of the transistor :p

The distance between the footswith and the knob is quite the same as the distance between the footswitch and the sundial of my sunface. I didn't mean it, but the knob is right in the middle of the box.

Archived