Haters?

• Members

I used to really not like certain bands, especially really popular bands, because I did not care for their music. But that was back when I was a teenager. As I have gotten older I have learned to respect all folks who play music, especially all those who do well with it. I even think Gwen Stefani and John Cougar are cool. Somehow they figured out a way to write some tunes that alot of folks dig. As long as I have been playing guitar and gigging and playing for a living I can't write a hooky pop song to save my life.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

he probably thought you were hot and decided that he should tease and make fun of you to show his affection. you know..., like... 4th grade...

Do you think he really likes them?

If yes, check here ( )

If no, check here ( )

• Members

I guess it is just interesting... This is the first time this has happened to me.

I can only guess that a million bands deal with it, and most on a MUCH bigger scale (obviously).

It is just an odd and original feeling. I assume that I will learn to ignore it...

Thanks for all the kind words... I know, as a musician I would never go to another bands message board and post something like that - just out of respect - no matter how {censored}ty I thought the band was.

BTW, he posted another nugget... good times... I guess wherever anonymous message boards exist, inevitably so will trolls. Good times!!!!

• Members

..everything evrybody said is true (like, don't let it bother you and stuff)

...but the high-priest level is being able to actually *use* the criticism -- even from the psychotic cranks

...that is, if it rings true for you at all.

if any of it did, let it in, & be thankful for it

say ommmmmmmmmmm.....

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Matt_plan-R

More ripping on the whole band as a whole.

His best criticism was that the mix was bad (not enough guitars)....

Like we could help that???? That is the sound guys responsibility...

this is funny (coincidence) because when we played there my friends (one drummer and one non-musician) said the guitars were too quiet too. I think having the sound guy up in the crow's nest above the floor make things a little strange. The Whiskey and Trubadour too. They seem to overdo the bass too, ummm maybe because they're not =on the frickin floor with the audience to feel it=

ah but these are hi-quality problems we have aren't they;)

• Members
Originally posted by Alanfc

The Whiskey and Trubadour too.

That's wierd, every show I've been to at the Troubador has just had awesome sound. :confused:

The Whiskey however, is the suckiest venue of all time. :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Taganov

That's wierd, every show I've been to at the Troubador has just had awesome sound.
:confused:

The Whiskey however, is the suckiest venue of all time.
:mad:

yeah I've only been to the Troubador a couple times recently so

maybe I was there on rookie nite:)

Archived