OT, Just got a BLUE ball microphone...

Blungo

• Members

It's a b.day present. Seems very nice. Now i can mic my cab and record into my ibook. Fun!

I gues the ball is blue's take on the sm57. I don't have an sm57 to compare it to though. Sounds pretty good to me regardless. I'll try it on didgeridoo tomorrow.

• Members
Originally posted by The Tortoise

Nice, congrats! I just picked up a Blue Baby Bottle myself the other week, still waiting on a replacement shockmount from Blue though. Definitely excited to try it...

acc_preview_bbottle_default.jpg

Nice! I'd love to try a baby bottle. Did you see that the Red model B is on sale for cheap on the Blue site?
Please give us a report on the baby once you give it a workout.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

isnt it a room mic, like for ambiance or band practice?

Not to my knowledge.

Not to my knowledge.

Not to my knowledge.

All the reviews i've read say that it has a high degree of off-axis rejection.

• Members
Originally posted by Fingermush

isnt it a room mic, like for ambiance or band practice?

....oh, I mean you should bring yr-gear over one of these tuesday's and bring the brewtal two-hand Jazzmaster tap.

The tapes are getting weird.
:eek:

Not to my knowledge...

Sounds fun. I've almost got the Charlie Christian multi-metalzone shred thing down.
I wanna hear those tapes!

• Members
Originally posted by bbrunskill

I love the ball, it sounds really good on elec and acoustic guitar as well as bass. It also worked ok on a kick. Really open sounding. I did not like it on vocals though. Cool good value mic is my call.

:cool:
Yeah, i didn't expect it to be stellar for vocals. I do hope it works well on didge though. I had some small diaphram AKGs that were generally great mics but couldn't handle didge at all.

Archived