London Headline Gig: Hope and Anchor Saturday 30th

Jeztastic

• Members

Dear all,

If anyone can come along to this gig I would be really chuffed.

We are headlining, and asking a few industry people along. Also we need to bring 30 people to get a repeat gig. We're bringing a bus up from Canterbury, so it should be a good vibe.

It's

• Members

Ah the hopeless wanker! About 50 metres from where I live, donch'a know; played there a few times, it's basically a cellar so sound is simple!! Just set up as if you were rehearsing, I suppose. They've just upgraded their PA though, a small but decent Mackie setup. Very small room, gets very hot when crowded (which only requires about 30 people...). Quite nice lights and you should get em to turn em on for you since you're the headliners!

Difficult to get people in, due to the fact is under the pub itself and people are normally quite settled in thankyou when you come to play, but bands seem to chuck a few flyers about directly beforehand, not sure how effective it is...

Great jukebox ...

Is it through bugbear promotions? Or some other promo company?

• Members

Originally posted by thisboyshouts

Ah the hopeless wanker! About 50 metres from where I live, donch'a know; played there a few times, it's basically a cellar so sound is simple!! Just set up as if you were rehearsing, I suppose. They've just upgraded their PA though, a small but decent Mackie setup. Very small room, gets very hot when crowded (which only requires about 30 people...). Quite nice lights and you should get em to turn em on for you since you're the headliners!

Difficult to get people in, due to the fact is under the pub itself and people are normally quite settled in thankyou when you come to play, but bands seem to chuck a few flyers about directly beforehand, not sure how effective it is...

Great jukebox ...

Is it through bugbear promotions? Or some other promo company?

Yeah, it's Bugbear. Thanks for the info. You say you got back there a few times - was that cos you brought a lot of people along?

Oh, The Hobo and Wanker was another one I heard!

• Members

Originally posted by Jeztastic

Yeah, it's Bugbear. Thanks for the info. You say you got back there a few times - was that cos you brought a lot of people along?

I've played quite a few times with Bugbear under a few bands, but never really brought a huge amount of people - I think their are pretty compromising - as long as they can see you put in some effort and put on a decent show they'll have tyou back. I mean, they've got 3 venues to put on 5 nights a week (or thereabouts) and although i'm sure they get a lot of demos they've also got a heck of a lot of slots to fill, so can't be too choosy...

That said , do try your best to get as many people along as possible cos it's a pretty depressing place when it's empty....

Truly great atmosphere when it's full though - saw pete out of the libertines there the night before he went to jail (ha!) , was completely rammed, people all up the stairs , bitch fight broke out in the front row, the atmosphere was electric. get it even half full and you'll be in for a good night, straight up.

• Members

Originally posted by thisboyshouts

I've played quite a few times with Bugbear under a few bands, but never really brought a huge amount of people - I think their are pretty compromising - as long as they can see you put in some effort and put on a decent show they'll have tyou back. I mean, they've got 3 venues to put on 5 nights a week (or thereabouts) and although i'm sure they get a lot of demos they've also got a heck of a lot of slots to fill, so can't be too choosy...

That said , do try your best to get as many people along as possible cos it's a pretty depressing place when it's empty....

Truly great atmosphere when it's full though - saw pete out of the libertines there the night before he went to jail (ha!) , was completely rammed, people all up the stairs , bitch fight broke out in the front row, the atmosphere was electric. get it even half full and you'll be in for a good night, straight up.

Excellent, we shouldn't have any problems getting it at least half full.

• Members

hey, just saw the thread :)

I'll be around, but I have already agreed to another gig...which is at farringdon...

but

if the others finish early (not sure if they are headlining) I could pop over to Angel...

no promises, but I'll do me best :)

• Members
Originally posted by Jeztastic

Hey, no worries John, whatever you can do. Would be good to see you though. Who you seeing in Farringdon?

:)

it's a band from Brighton called Silent Moves...a guy I know plays in them...they are a bit Television-y....

:)

Archived