Going to see Aimee Mann

Filterbank

• Members

I saw her last night at a free downtown concert in Boston. Her guitarist had some good tones and a good use of effects. At one point he pulled out this telecaster where the body was cut into a les paul shape. But not like the ones somebody was making in the 80's. this one had a les paul pickguard on it.
I didn't blow him though.

• Members

Originally posted by fortytwo

I just saw her two weeks ago, it was my third AM show, and an awesome one it was.. But I might be bias, I have all her stuff, including the 'til tuesday stuff..

ME TOO@@. kind of lost touch after that magnolia, but nothing beats the sadness of coming up close!

• Members

It was a great show. She's really good with the audience, really funny and affable. But the playing was great. I've seen a bunch of shows this summer, this was the best one.
Julian Coryell was sort of average tonight, which means better than most. I didn't get to blow him but I thanked him for a great show. I went in after the show to check out his pedalboard. It was much the same as what he posted on his website, except he had a DL4 along with a DD?. Sparkle Drive for his OD (which sounded great) and I think all of his modulation sounds came from his MM4. He also had one of those newer Boss Filters and did some great things with a Super Shifter, I'm sorta looking for one now. He was playing through a DC2 and a Fender of some sort. He had a total of about 8 guitars in the rockstand case on the side of the stage including a sparkle Tele and an orange hollowbody that looked like a Gretsch.
There a few more shows on the tour as it swings west. You {censored}ers out west should see this show if you can. Here's the dates:
07/30/05 Chicago, IL
Sun 07/31/05 Apple Valley, MN
Tue 08/02/05 Boulder, CO
Fri 08/05/05 Vancouver, BC
Sat 08/06/05 Seattle, WA
Sun 08/07/05 Portland, OR
Tue 08/09/05 Eugene, OR
Thu 08/11/05 Saratoga, CA
Fri 08/12/05 San Francisco, CA
Sat 08/13/05 Oakville, CA

Archived