What is your local live music scene like?

BillyWa

• Members

Originally posted by Analog Kid

Atlanta is actually closer than Daytona... so if i did feel like travelling i could see lots of shows. Could have seen Squarepusher and Skinny Puppy last year. I do love my hometown, but i think the scene will take some TLC before there's anything to report music wise.

I like to think I'm greasing the wheels a little bit throwing the Fetish and theme parties. Anyone coming into town should come by Club Invasion on Congress St on Friday nights and hear me spin. I'm hoping to spin one of my own songs on the 23rd for our Voodoo beach party.

It is a beautiful town.

SP last year, one of the best shows I've seen.

Proteus, tampa sucks? Then it must be Miami that's hoppin'? Florida supposed to be a good spot for clubs.

• Members

well, the I4 corridor sucks. That's about what my experience is to.

Tampa has some talented people, and no one cares.

Orlando has a crowd thats unclique and wants new music, but they have none..

Promoters have been burned by low turnouts to many times here in tampa.. Ive allways liked orlando in contrast.. they just seem to lack a system of getting the word out about whats going on..

• Members

DC seems to have a bunch of music scenes. I'm most familiar with the noise/experimental scene. Not surprisingly, attendance at these types of shows tend to be under 50.

:D

Bands like Mogwai, Mono, and Sigur Ros tend to sell really well here, though. So maybe our post-rock band has a chance here. :)

Archived