SIB Mr. Echo... anyone use one?

• Members

I'm looking for a delay that is similar to my dan-echo (jacks are getting twitchy and noisy). Something under $200, with similar features, in a pretty compact size.

I've read about the older versions of Mr. Echo having noise issues and such, and was wondering if any of you guys out there use the newer one, and have any comments on how it compares to the dan-echo? The Slam button sounds cool!

thanks

• Members

I have the new model. I've never played through a Dan Echo. The Mr. Echo is excellent except for one thing: upon longer delay settings, the pitch of the delayed note goes a little sharp. I would recommend it for shorter slapbacks but not for longer delays unless the sharpened pitch is not a problem for you. I've never experienced any noise problems with it.

• Members

I have one. I also have a Dan Echo on my board. I have a Guyatone MD3 that I took off board.

My first purchase was the MD3. I found out that I didn't like the Digital delays much. I didn't need the first repeat to be exactly the same as the first. I got the Dan Echo and it was a bit better. It has a hight cut to help distinguish the repeats from the source signal.

I have a newer Mr. Echo and I like it better than both of the others. I use one delay for a shorter slapback and it is on all the time. The Mr. Echo can sound almost reverb like. The second delay I use for a kind of Edge like U2 sound. I'm using the Dan Echo right now but if I had the money l like the way the Mr. Echo better with that sound also.

I don't do anything too wild with the dealys live like trying to control self oscillation. I don't have a use for the slam feature in a live context either.

I find the Mr. Echo is a great sounding analog sim.

Best regards,

• Members

I tried one out not long ago. Sounded pretty good. Not great, but for the price, definitely good. SLAM function was cool but IMO getting to be a little gimmicky unless it's something you'd only use once per set. The problem I had though was reliability. I played 3 in the store before I got one that worked - the first was bad out of the box, the second failed as I was playing it. Store owner says it's a problem he's had with them. I then switched over to the Guyatone TDX echo and was blown away.

Archived