Do "Stoner" guys have a consensus on wah

warioblast

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

I have a friend who is viewed as a founder of stoner rock. He uses Maestro and Guild wahs with the El-Rad inductor or the Crybabies with the TDK. The latter he often fits into a box with a knob instead of the treadle so that he can press the button and get a stuck wah sound.

Check out the Maestro boomerang wahs. They have a sound all their own. Very vocal and they go deep.

For amps, Sunn is the amp in vogue now. With bands like Sunn O))) and others using them.

Is that Scott Weinrich you're talking about??

• Members

Some aspects of our music is Stoner Rock influenced. Don't use the Wah too often, but when i do, i use it in a Spacemen3 stutter/random way.
I use a Mr. Crybaby (wah/volume pedal/boost).. works for me.. but then again, i havent tried anything else. The clips of the Parachute wah sounds intense!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by riffpowers

crank that amp, turn up the bass, turn the treble and pres off, and turn down the mids,if that doesn't get you there add a little bit off fuzz.

so you're saying no pedals? I trying to think through all the songs and wondering if I need a Phaser or Chorus or Rotovibe?!?

Archived