Fuzz usage question

Vince

• Members

Big Muff into clean amp, lately i've been using my od-2 with it, interesting tones and i'm able to smooth the harshness of the muff as well as add some definition for leads, and as well get the muff to feedback a little for sonic madness.
:D

• Members

Usually I set the amp for a clean sound then run my distortion/fuzz into that. This way you can get a wider variety of tones when you roll off the volume on the guitar. I don't like the way dist/fuzz before the amp interacts with the amps distortion.

• Members

I think fuzz really needs a tube amp on the verge to fully come alive. If I can't afford the volume to get the PT's working I use a boost after the fuzz. I think it not only sounds better but gives more useable range of sounds from mayhem to clean by using the guitars knobs.

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

I think fuzz really needs a tube amp on the verge to fully come alive. If I can't afford the volume to get the PT's working I use a boost after the fuzz. I think it not only sounds better but gives more useable range of sounds from mayhem to clean by using the guitars knobs.

Me too, I play my AC30 at almost full volume and use fuzz to get the saturation that my amp could never deliver on it's own.

Archived