OT: Pat Robertson has lost his fucking mind.

jcn37203

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

so can "last throes," apparently.

Yeah, 'last throes' apparently means 'capable of perpetrating sophisticated and well-coordinated strikes at will, and without detection or suffering consequences'.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08/24/iraq.main/index.html

Mark my words. There will be a civil war in Iraq, within a year of the US pulling out. Iraq will fall in to utter chaos and what emerges will be worse than Iran, Yemen and Syria combined.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is kidnapping that much better than assassinating?

I mean, politically?

Put the religion thing aside, as it obviously has nothing to do with this cockle{censored}. I'm just saying, he threw out kidnapping as an alternative to killing. But if he'd suggested kidnapping at first, wouldn't that be ridiculous also?

• Members

I disagree. I get the impression that the majority of Iraqis want peace and democracy. Look at how many people turned out to vote. That's not to say that there won't always be dickheads starting trouble, but I think it takes more than that to start a full-scale civil war.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Twang

I disagree. I get the impression that the majority of Iraqis want peace and democracy. Look at how many people turned out to vote. That's not to say that there won't always be dickheads starting trouble, but I think it takes more than that to start a full-scale civil war.

I think most Iraqis want peace.

I just think there are a whole lot of "insurgents" over there, and once the US clears out, they'll come in to Iraq, overpower the police force we put in place, create havok and all hell will break loose.

One man with a gun is worth 50 peace loving frightened citizens in the street. I don't think we'll be able to create a very competent police force.

So, I guess I'll ammend my prediction to say either, the US will pull out and there will be civil war, or the US will have a permanent presence in Iraq. Much like the presence in Germany after WWII.

The people over there aren't known for forgetting old grudges.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I So, I guess I'll ammend my prediction to say either, the US will pull out and there will be civil war, or the US will have a permanent presence in Iraq. Much like the presence in Germany after WWII.

Seems pretty clear to me that the U.S. isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Twang

Seems pretty clear to me that the U.S. isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The danger there is the continual deaths of US soldiers. The public will only tolerate so much of that. The next election could very well come down to who will bring them home, which of course will open the door for civil war.

It's such a ridiculously huge mess. The war was such a mistake. Not only a mistake in the first place, but poorly executed and poorly planned and politicized.

It makes my head hurt to even think about it.

And Bin Laden and Al Zarqawi are STILL at large. There are still threats, real threats, being made toward terror attacks in the US. I don't feel like we're any safer at all.

I hope Mr. Bush is enjoying his vacation.

• Members

... or maybe after we pull out, the Iraqi bosses will get medieval on the insurgents ass. That is the history of their leaders, one strong man after another.

And then we'll have a nice stable repressive dictatorship that's on "our side," just like Iran, Panama, Chile, South Korea, the Phillipines, Taiwan, Pakistan, Mexico, South Africa, and all our friends in Africa and the Middle east.

Mission Accomplished!!!

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Is kidnapping that much better than assassinating?

I mean, politically?

Put the religion thing aside, as it obviously has nothing to do with this cockle{censored}. I'm just saying, he threw out kidnapping as an alternative to killing. But if he'd suggested kidnapping at first, wouldn't that be ridiculous also?

yes, especially when venezuela held elections - this man wasn't installed in a coup - so there should be no military actions performed to relieve him of his duties either. He can be deposed in the country's next election, or in a democratic impeachment process.

Pat Roberts needs to shut the {censored} up and pick up his dusty bible and reread a few passages. He seems to have forgotten quite a bit.

• Members

Maybe the Christians should fragment themselves to officially distinguish between those who are down with PR and those who aren't.

I think there aren't enough subdivisions of Christianity. They need a little more diversity.

• Members

Originally posted by Grozna_Pizda

Pray for his demise, better yet.

He actually asked his viewers to do this to the three ailing judges on the supreme court. He said, "one was 83, one had cancer, another has heart condition", and asked people to pray for them to "retire". If that's not black magick practice I don't know what is. What a sinister prick.

Archived