wtf? new Elektron teaser...

Unfed

• Members

This is actually a "vocal sampler".

Basically you stick your hand under the needle and the machine captures and manupulates your anguished screams.

The lack of knobs stems from the fact that long term users have nothing but bloody stumps where there hands were.

AWESOME!

• Members

So far, the general consensus over at VSE is that it is either some form of DJ friendly effects unit (hence the word needles,) or it's a new line of T-shirts. I'm hoping it's not shirts. Completely unexciting if it is.

• Members

Originally posted by Array

It's a turntable mixer with x0x controlled effects parameters.
:thu:

Well, a sequenced effects box would be quite cool. I could do without the turntable mixer part though.

• Members

Originally posted by Allerian

Lots of speculation to be had. One thing to understand is that the sewing machine pictured doesn't even touch the current state of digital sewing machines. They're as sick as some of the synth stuff we use.

So my Gran tells me!

• Members

Originally posted by Mutineer

Maybe the first picture means the whole thing is a stitch-up and the second picture is just a red herring?

That sounds about right. Personally I hear it's an emulation of the classic, retro, limited samplers, ROMplers and bad digital piano's of yesteryear to capture the essence of class and old world charm, all with a measly, laughable street price of $2,999.00. It may sound expensive to some less sophisticated individuals, who like to put a price on elegance and follow the pack, but you get a free T-shirt (XXL only) and a free CD of 64 award winning acoustic flavored presets designed by the legendary Ted.

Archived