What are some good loops/samples for GarageBand?

Chriss

• Members

I've been fooling around with GarageBand, and I'm considering getting their JamPack, a bunch of different loops, samples, sounds, effects, etc. GarageBand has a lot of good samples included in it's basic program, but I'd like to add some new sounds. Can anyone recommend some good, compatible sound libraries?

• Members

If you're using the guitar amp modeller, then you'll want Jam Pack 1 because that's the one with the extra guitar amps.

I just installed Jam Pack 4 (Orchestral) for a film/theatre composer and the guy promptly dumped his multi-thousand dollar sample library. It really is that good. The Steinway on it along is worth the price of admission.

Jam Pack 3 has a lot of great drum kits.

Basically, you should get all of them, but start at what your immediate needs are first and go from there.

• Members

Originally posted by Kestral

If you're using the guitar amp modeller, then you'll want Jam Pack 1 because that's the one with the extra guitar amps.

I just installed Jam Pack 4 (Orchestral) for a film/theatre composer and the guy promptly dumped his multi-thousand dollar sample library. It really is that good. The Steinway on it along is worth the price of admission.

Jam Pack 3 has a lot of great drum kits.

Basically, you should get all of them, but start at what your immediate needs are first and go from there.

Or you could try to make a friend or two, and play music with them.

I know, tough to pull off for an asshole, but if you do your inner work and stick to your personal laws*, you might find other assholes to hang out with and make music. You could call your band Asian Princess.

*personal laws: you know, things like "no good deed goes unpunished", "always swallow when your leather daddy tells you to", "I know my {censored}", and the ever popular "always bite the pillow and try not to scream"

• Members
Originally posted by UncleDig

Or you could try to make a friend or two, and play music with them.

I know, tough to pull off for an asshole, but if you do your inner work and stick to your personal laws*, you might find other assholes to hang out with and make music. You could call your band Asian Princess.

*personal laws: you know, things like "no good deed goes unpunished", "always swallow when your leather daddy tells you to", "I know my {censored}", and the ever popular "always bite the pillow and try not to scream"

Dude, did you forget to take your Prozac? :confused:

Archived